Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

Coach Daoust came down yesterday to visit with Steven. He spent a few hours observing Steven during his basketball practice, then they yapped at each other for a while. We all came away with a great impression of Coach Daoust.

He's one of our favorites around here. Really fiery. Our line was supposed to be a weakness this year (our best DT is on the Giants) and as you saw in the BC game - we have weaknesses - but it's all on the O side.

He's one of our favorites around here. Really fiery. Our line was supposed to be a weakness this year (our best DT is on the Giants) and as you saw in the BC game - we have weaknesses - but it's all on the O side.

As in NY Giants?

Yep - Jay Bromley DT for NY Giants. Unheralded recruit (we were is only p5 offer) who was a beast for us. Near killed the NC State QB last season.

Ah! I should've know that! Senior moment...

Coach Daoust came down yesterday to visit with Steven. He spent a few hours observing Steven during his basketball practice, then they yapped at each other for a while. We all came away with a great impression of Coach Daoust.

I tried to say this once before but it came out dyslexic because I was typing on an iphone while boozing.

I think you'd get a consensus from the message board that Doaust is by far our best position coach. Our DLine has been pretty good every year he's been here. I was extremely worried about the DLine this year because they were returning only 1 front line player (Crume) but they were rock solid all year – even with some big injuries. That is a testament to the coach.

Doaust gets the most out of these defensive line players and the kids improve every year under him. It’s been exciting to watch their development.

I tried to say this once before but it came out dyslexic because I was typing on an iphone while boozing.

I think you'd get a consensus from the message board that Doaust is by far our best position coach. Our DLine has been pretty good every year he's been here. I was extremely worried about the DLine this year because they were returning only 1 front line player (Crume) but they were rock solid all year – even with some big injuries. That is a testament to the coach.

Doaust gets the most out of these defensive line players and the kids improve every year under him. It’s been exciting to watch their development.
He is an exceptional coach. The improvement under him by the guys is really impressive.

Personally, I'm okay with him being far away. His mom's a bit antsy, though, I think.

My sister and her family live in TX. Her oldest looked at schools all over the country and then ended up in NJ. It was hard having him that far away but it was the school he chose and he loved it there. Definitely made him more independent.

Shys mom was the big sell to person for us too. she got there and the coaches and everyone made here feel this was the best place for shy to go...I have no doubt your family will fell that there also.

I hope so.

The more i watch ST play on tape the more impressed i become. I truly think that he would be in very good shape with us. In HCSS, Chuck and Tim he has three excellant coaches. ST has the potential that with Tim and these guys coaching him and the fact that he would be playing against great competition every game he has a chance to make the league. He has the frame and motor. I can see him starting as a RS Frosh and really growing into one heck of a player under Tim and these guys. I really hope he has a good time during his visit and feels like we are the school for him as i believe we will help him reach his potential

Steven Clark @SLClark7250 · 50m 50 minutes ago
Just arrived at the airport for the flight up to Syracuse
1f34a.png

Clark to Visit Syracuse Friday (arab.com; Tankersley)

Brindlee Mountain lineman Steven Clark was, indeed, offered a scholarship when Syracuse defensive coordinator Chuck Bullough visited him two Fridays ago at a Lions’ basketball game.

Clark, who already has made a non-binding verbal commitment to play for Joey Jones’ on-the-rise South Alabama team, will take an official visit to Syracuse next weekend.

He’s non-committal on his plans, but Clark likely feels some pressure to make a splash simply for the sake of his high school program. Having a player sign with a power conference team can only help the image of the Lions’ football program, which needs a boost.

Family members are privately hoping another ACC team like Georgia Tech comes calling eventually. Also, Minnesota of the Big Ten is recruiting Clark but has not made an offer.

Clark to Visit Syracuse Friday (arab.com; Tankersley)

Brindlee Mountain lineman Steven Clark was, indeed, offered a scholarship when Syracuse defensive coordinator Chuck Bullough visited him two Fridays ago at a Lions’ basketball game.

Clark, who already has made a non-binding verbal commitment to play for Joey Jones’ on-the-rise South Alabama team, will take an official visit to Syracuse next weekend.

He’s non-committal on his plans, but Clark likely feels some pressure to make a splash simply for the sake of his high school program. Having a player sign with a power conference team can only help the image of the Lions’ football program, which needs a boost.

Family members are privately hoping another ACC team like Georgia Tech comes calling eventually. Also, Minnesota of the Big Ten is recruiting Clark but has not made an offer.

LOL well that was less then enouraging.

LOL well that was less then enouraging.

It said "family member" - and his Dad has said here in this thread, that his Mom's biggest worry is the distance. I don't want to put words in his mouth - but as a parent - I'd bet they want their kid to play in a P5, but closer to home would be easier on the fam. As a Dad, I get that.

Here's to hoping that the trip goes so well that the distance takes a back seat to all of the great things Syracuse has to offer ;).

It said "family member" - and his Dad has said here in this thread, that his Mom's biggest worry is the distance. I don't want to put words in his mouth - but as a parent - I'd bet they want their kid to play in a P5, but closer to home would be easier on the fam. As a Dad, I get that.

Here's to hoping that the trip goes so well that the distance takes a back seat to all of the great things Syracuse has to offer ;).

Yep, I get it as the father of two girls, they are still young, I have five years until my older one goes to college and she already is positive she wants to get away from the freezing Midwest and go to school in San Diego. I am ok yet not ok with the idea, but my wife is already a wreck. So, I get it with Steven's mom, believe me. As a selfish SU fan, I really hope his mom can get comfortable with the idea of him coming to SU!

Yep, I get it as the father of two girls, they are still young, I have five years until my older one goes to college and she already is positive she wants to get away from the freezing Midwest and go to school in San Diego. I am ok yet not ok with the idea, but my wife is already a wreck. So, I get it with Steven's mom, believe me. As a selfish SU fan, I really hope his mom can get comfortable with the idea of him coming to SU!
As a parent of 3 young boys, I PRAY one of my kids go to school in San Diego so I have a reason to go out there a couple times a year!! Then again, I live in New Jersey, so Akron would be a step up!

As a parent of 3 young boys, I PRAY one of my kids go to school in San Diego so I have a reason to go out there a couple times a year!! Then again, I live in New Jersey, so Akron would be a step up!

Post of the day! that's why I am somewhat ok with it! My wife will only be ok with it if she can camp out in my daughter's dorm room fulltime!