Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

Kind of OT, but does Baby Doll make sure the kids get what they're supposed to (what the staff want them to) eat, or is it up to the kid to make the right nutrition choices?

Kind of OT, but does Baby Doll make sure the kids get what they're supposed to (what the staff want them to) eat, or is it up to the kid to make the right nutrition choices?
It is a buffet the kids take what they want. the choices available are all on the Syracuse nutrition plan they sent out back in February though.

BTW, Baby Doll makes chocolate chip pancakes. Steven's favorite. Kid can eat a 1 foot stack of those things and a half-pound of bacon, if allowed.
well, that would explain the 320 then...

This is where I toot my own horn. I told y'all back when Steven committed that he was an absolute stud. He's going to do huge things at Syracuse.

His video was the 2nd best I'd seen from a SU D line commit, I thought Harold Brantley's was a slight bit better. And it's ironic that Brantley decommitted to the SEC and Steven almost did the same thing. Brantley started half of the season as a RF for Missouri and was a full-time starter as a RS and Honorable Mention All SEC. Looks like Steven may have a shot to be a starter sooner than he was.

tep624 said:
His video was the 2nd best I'd seen from a SU D line commit, I thought Harold Brantley's was a slight bit better. And it's ironic that Brantley decommitted to the SEC and Steven almost did the same thing. Brantley started half of the season as a RF for Missouri and was a full-time starter as a RS and Honorable Mention All SEC. Looks like Steven may have a shot to be a starter sooner than he was.

Ya I don't remember seeing a better DL highlight film from anyone we have recruited since the whole hudl thing started. Sometimes you can question what you see, and if it will carry over to the next level, but Clark's highlights left none of that. Just pure beast mode from the very first play.

anomander said:
Ya I don't remember seeing a better DL highlight film from anyone we have recruited since the whole hudl thing started. Sometimes you can question what you see, and if it will carry over to the next level, but Clark's highlights left none of that. Just pure beast mode from the very first play.

Looked like a hacked game of Madden, IMO.

And Brantley is getting buzz about being a potential 1st Round pick.

I was scanning some older posts in this thread and found this beauty. I'm feeling really good about this...

Nice find, I forgot about that post. So did I miss the story behind this or has it not been shared yet? Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but I'd love to hear the back story.

Nice find, I forgot about that post. So did I miss the story behind this or has it not been shared yet? Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but I'd love to hear the back story.

The short story is that I sent Coach Daoust an email with links to Steven's Hudl and youtube video late one night (Sat or Sun, can't remember). He just so happened to be in the office, opened the email, and watched the vids. A coach opening a cold-send email rarely happens. 9.999 times out of 10, they ignore them. This one time, though Coach Daoust didn't. Was impressed, got Coach Bullough and Coach Shafer to watch. Coach Bullough came down a few days later, watched Steven at a basketball practice, and offered. All happened within a matter of days.

I'm a big fan of lineman who play basketball or hockey or lacrosse, etc. If memory serves Eric Crume was a pretty decent HS Basketball player and while being undersized and over-matched, his athletic ability and being light on his feet made him into a guy you can rely on. My feeling is that Clark has the physical skills and perhaps a bigger motor which will make him better than Crume and a guy 'Cuse fans can rely on.

Yes it was both, had to go look it up because I do remember there were some older cartoons where he was called Brutus.
Yeah, I had to look it up a while ago, because I had heard it both ways.

The short story is that I sent Coach Daoust an email with links to Steven's Hudl and youtube video late one night (Sat or Sun, can't remember). He just so happened to be in the office, opened the email, and watched the vids. A coach opening a cold-send email rarely happens. 9.999 times out of 10, they ignore them. This one time, though Coach Daoust didn't. Was impressed, got Coach Bullough and Coach Shafer to watch. Coach Bullough came down a few days later, watched Steven at a basketball practice, and offered. All happened within a matter of days.
great story, bcubs