Duce Chestnut transferring back to the 'Cuse | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Duce Chestnut transferring back to the 'Cuse

You tell me how he improved his technique by not playing.
We're talking top shelf college football..what kind of "shape" would you be in
having not been on the field for over 3 months?
He shut himself down to preserve a year of eligibility. He's not perfect. No DB is. You are gonna win some battles and lose some. Especially going against guys like Keon Coleman. What current corner on the team is better?

You tell me how he improved his technique by not playing.
We're talking top shelf college football..what kind of "shape" would you be in
having not been on the field for over 3 months?
When’s the next game they play?

There’s not a corner that’s ever played that hasn’t gotten beat.

You have no idea what conditioning work he’s been doing.

When’s the next game they play?

There’s not a corner that’s ever played that hasn’t gotten beat.

You have no idea what conditioning work he’s been doing.
Evidently YOU DO..and his "technique" has improved as well.:cool:

It was a done deal prior to his portal entry
Hell Yeah Deal With It GIF

Like some others I am neutral here. Obviously happy for the young man as it sounds like he's happy with the outcome and always will be glad when positive outcomes happen for the players. Fans should not make it personal. It will be interesting to see how things shake out and where he ends up on the field. Fran and ERob see him working out in some capacity though or he is not back. We shall see what we shall see. By the way Happy New Year Syracuse fans!

So many more positives to this than negatives. Both on and off the field. Inspiring message to recruits, team and fans in my opinion. We aren’t going to lose NJ kids and we are place kids want to be, even after they leave, Jesse how’s your wrist? Covid gives you another year too?

Like some others I am neutral here. Obviously happy for the young man as it sounds like he's happy with the outcome and always will be glad when positive outcomes happen for the players. Fans should not make it personal. It will be interesting to see how things shake out and where he ends up on the field. Fran and ERob see him working out in some capacity though or he is not back. We shall see what we shall see. By the way Happy New Year Syracuse fans!
Yeah, the staff isn't going to hand him anything. If they recruit over him, he gets to contribute as a back up or on special teams. If they don't, we're fortunate to get a guy back that's a known quantity. From a talent acquisition stand point, there really is no downside here.

I think taking him back helps Fran’s message to New Jersey players and family. I will take care of your child. This should help in future recruiting.
On the player side as others have indicated he has pluses and negatives. Was a great tackler. Was good on short to mid pass defense. Got beat deep and seemed to never really look for the ball.
I think there are better cbs in the portal but weighing all the factors he is a plus for the program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom