Duce Chestnut transferring back to the 'Cuse | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Duce Chestnut transferring back to the 'Cuse

You're the one (based upon your own thinking) that took a generalization and made it into your own non-generalization.

Players typically stick together, a band of brothers kind of deal, whether it's good, bad or indifferent. Again, my post didn't qualify anything specific.
Yeah because the birds of a feather connotation has such a glowing sound based on how it’s traditionally used.

Yeah because the birds of a feather connotation has such a glowing sound based on how it’s traditionally used.

Ha, "how it's traditionally used." Perhaps, when you "traditionally" use it.

Again, one's own thinking is the sole property of its owner.

Would be cool if we bring him back

But I’m also 100% fine if we don’t

Same.

I'm much more interested in landing CB prospects like Harris, Chappell, or Barnes. I'm greedy -- I want all three, and I think we have an outstanding shot to have that be how things unfold.

I get the Camden connection with Chestnut, so if Fran Brown wants to do it for that reason, I'd be fine with it, as well.

But I like the aforementioned trio more than Duce at this point, given the history of him bailing / what happened with LaQuint.

Again, one's thinking is the sole property of its owner.

As are ambiguous messages about flocking in a thread when one of the main talk tracks of said thread is the incident involving LQA and the appearance of issues around Duce. By all means continue defending your wording I don’t care .., poor form considering the tone of the thread. Not hard to read and come to the same conclusion I came to unless you lack emotional awareness which appears to be the case here.

Same.

I'm much more interested in landing CB prospects like Harris, Chappell, or Barnes.

I get the Camden connection, so if Fran Brown wants to do it for that reason, I'd be fine with it, as well. But I like the aforementioned trio more than Duce at this point, given the history of him bailing / what happened with LaQuint.
Feel the same

As are ambiguous messages about flocking in a thread when one of the main talk tracks of said thread is the incident involving LQA and the appearance of issues around Duce. By all means continue defending your wording I don’t care .., poor form considering the tone of the thread. Not hard to read and come to the same conclusion I came to unless you lack emotional awareness which appears to be the case here.

Again, you're the one placing tone, and anything else the fits your specific train of thought on a simple generalized post. Your 'not hard to read and come to the same conclusion' solidifies as much and speaks for itself.

Perhaps, I need to catch up on my Dr. Phil readings as you apparently have in hope of improving my "lack of emotional awareness." (insert eye roll emoji)

Carry on...I will not be engaging further with you relative to this particular. conversation.

Again, you're the one placing tone, and anything else the fits your specific train of thought on a simple generalized post. Your 'not hard to read and come to the same conclusion' speaks volumes and solidifies as much.

Perhaps, I need to catch up on my Dr. Phil readings as you apparently have in hope of improving my "lack of emotional awareness." (insert eye roll emoji)

Carry on...I will not be engaging further with you relative to this particular. conversation.
Good the relief is washing over me already

Did he say that, or was that Dohn the Shill who said that?

Not sure.

The only thing I remember was when we made a late overture to Alijah Clark after he committed to Rutgers, Brown said something [paraphrasing] along the lines of: if SU doesn't back off of #5 [Clark], I'm going to come steal away #2 [Duce].

If he comes back with no nil and no guarantee about playing time fine. I know he appeared liked by his teammates but there are a number of guys we are looking at that seem better.
That's great and all, and I really hope we get Harris, Chappell, etc, I'm sure we'll get a few. But depth is very much needed at the CB position and especially if we are still playing 5 DBs at a time. Duce would be our best CB on the roster today and it's not close. I don't think we have a playable one right now besides maybe Bellamy. If Duce wants to be here, we would be crazy to say no.

Might as well boot OG, Villari, LQA, Wax and Barron then. Why should they get a pass when Duce doesn’t?
Because they didn't leave the program for apparently greener pastures. Duce is not better then any portal DB's being brought in. By the way, I am also good with HCFB not bringing back any of those players if he feels they are not a fit.

I can’t believe I’m going to say this … but…

If he can’t hack it at LSU, he can’t hack it here. Ground has shifted.
1703708947144.gif

honest question: seen a few people mention the LeQuint incident…. as the facts as we know it have come out from the LeQuint incident, what would peoples hang up be on that as it pertains to Duce.

I think there was near unanimous conversation on here in July that it was a standard college fight, some poor decisions made but nothing really pointing to either as poor character guys. Was there something else we don’t know about that situation that makes people feel otherwise
The story is it was Duce who went and found LQA and brought him to back to the party which led to the incident.

The incident started when Allen was alerted by a teammate who had been injured outside a party at the University Village Apartments.

When Allen and the teammate returned to the party, a man yelled at them and accused them of hitting a woman, records show.

Allen alleged the same man then punched him twice, once on the side of his face and then in the nose, causing it to bleed. Allen then punched him in the face, he says in the lawsuit.

i would use the schollie for ol guys
No if he really wants to come back and is cool with the players and Fran bring him back. He is a Camden kid enough said He comes back and does well every kid in that region is giving us a very long look.

I’d take him back. He was great here. The players still have love for him and he’s a Camden kid.
I think now that LQA got through the incident Deuce will be able to navigate that much quicker. Unless there is evidence he was the aggressor.
spot on. It's one scholarship give the kid a chance.

Same.

I'm much more interested in landing CB prospects like Harris, Chappell, or Barnes. I'm greedy -- I want all three, and I think we have an outstanding shot to have that be how things unfold.

I get the Camden connection with Chestnut, so if Fran Brown wants to do it for that reason, I'd be fine with it, as well.

But I like the aforementioned trio more than Duce at this point, given the history of him bailing / what happened with LaQuint.
even more reason in my opinion to give the kid a break. It was a party. and a fight. Seriously

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom