Duke at Louisvile | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Duke at Louisvile

I wish we could be as efficient as they were. I think Reddish hit 5 threes during their run.
Crazy game. Reddish hit all four of his 3-pt baskets in the final 9 minutes after the lead had ballooned to 23. He also missed 5 others during that same stretch.

As a team, Duke went 11 for 13 from the FT line over the final 8 minutes of the game. That was huge for them.

So after watching Louisville melt against Duke pressure, will JB press Louisville?
Early not after we fall behind by 20?
After watching this stretch of ‘basketball’ from Louisville, I’m on board with pressing early and often:

6:16 - Louisville turnover in the backcourt (Jordan Goldwire steal), leading to:
6:14 - Tre Jones layup to cut the lead down to 14 points, leading to:
6:09 - Louisville timeout
On the subsequent possession, Louisville came thisclose to another turnover at half court when Duke knocked the ball free, but the Louisville kid dove for the ball
5:58 - another Louisville timeout
So after essentially burning back-to-back timeouts, Louisville drew up this play:
5:55 - Louisville turnover (Tre Jones with the steal), which led directly to this Duke fast break:
5:50 - Tre Jones missed layup (a play on which Louisville appeared to catch a huge break, as it appeared Jones was obviously fouled on his layup attempt), which led to a Louisville rebound and then:
5:46 - Louisville turnover (Zion Williamson steal), leading to yet another Duke fast break, and ultimately:
5:41 - Louisville foul and 2 made FTs by Zion Williamson
So Louisville followed up this shocking display of ineptitude with:
5:22 - Louisville turnover (another Zion Williamson steal), leading to:
5:17 - RJ Barrett fast break layup.

So if you’re scoring at home, over the course of less than 1 minute of actual game action, Louisville:
- Committed 4 turnovers
- Burned two timeouts
- Watched their lead shrink from 16 to 10 in the blink of an eye

That’s really hard to do, kudos to them.

Yes, they were bad losses for Syracuse, but they weren't bad losses in general, as it relates to the NET. A bad loss would have been to Cornell, who is 200 and would have been a Q4 loss. If i recall, Q3 losses aren't considered "bad" by the committee. That's all I was pointing out.

A Q3 loss is indeed considered a bad less under the NET.

Q3 essentially replaces a sub 100 team which was the threshold for a bad loss before the quadrant system. Except they have moved the 100 up for home games (up to 75) and down for road games. (down to 135)

A Q3 loss is indeed considered a bad less under the NET.

Q3 essentially replaces a sub 100 team which was the threshold for a bad loss before the quadrant system. Except they have moved the 100 up for home games (up to 75) and down for road games. (down to 135)
quadrants are so dumb...can't wait for them to be phased out.

Meh. I wasnt expecting much from Howard. Except to not regress. Jokes on me.

61KNuMfftiL._UX679_.jpg