Duke Basketball forum | Syracusefan.com

Duke Basketball forum

GooseMutt

All Conference
One of their board topics is a list of their top ten games this year.

We are not on it.

Kentucky first and get this...home opener vs Army. Yes, Army. Then 2 w NC 2 w Virginia ..., I don’t know how to copy that thread here but I think it’s a joke that they don’t get up big time for Cuse games. Always competing always unpredictable, 2 HOF coaches going head to head. I’m calling BS

One of their board topics is a list of their top ten games this year.

We are not on it.

Kentucky first and get this...home opener vs Army. Yes, Army. Then 2 w NC 2 w Virginia ..., I don’t know how to copy that thread here but I think it’s a joke that they don’t get up big time for Cuse games. Always competing always unpredictable, 2 HOF coaches going head to head. I’m calling BS
Not really surprising.

SU and Duke have played some classic games since the Orange have been in the ACC.
But it just goes to show that Duke fans do not consider Syracuse to be a big "rival."
Never have and likely never will.

It could also mean they don't think SU will be very good this season.
So it will be very nice to hang two losses on them.

I’d bet the majority of their students and alums never actually played a sport in their life and didn’t become “basketball fans” until they went to Duke and got to do choreographed cheers at the games. So I don’t really care what they think about sports.

I was in Durham from 72 to 84. Husband at Duke. I know a lot of Duke fans and like a lot of Duke fans. Some of my best friends are Duke fans. They resent the Big East intruders but are trying to make the best of it, as are we. They respect no other teams, truly. If Syracuse beats them, it really is just an irritating mosquito bite that will soon disappear. Only Carolina gets their true attention. But not their respect.

Really, guys, we can’t take it personally.

Why would you care what Duke fans think of Syracuse?

You want to talk about ‘insecure’, look in the mirror.

Agreed. Just because I like to talk sports, I am always interested in what the more savvy b-ball fans think of Cuse.

I’m sure there are some, but I wouldn’t think of Duke as an especially savvy fanbase relative to how strong of a b-ball program it is.

I’d bet the majority of their students and alums never actually played a sport in their life and didn’t become “basketball fans” until they went to Duke and got to do choreographed cheers at the games. So I don’t really care what they think about sports.
Also most Duke fans, especially the ones you will see in the Carrier Dome, never attended school at Duke and never lived in NC. Like Cowboy fans. Real posers.

I've never understood why someone who lives in upstate NY and has no attachment to Duke University becomes a fan of the team. Do they root for their football team also. I think not.

I was in Durham from 72 to 84. Husband at Duke. I know a lot of Duke fans and like a lot of Duke fans. Some of my best friends are Duke fans. They resent the Big East intruders but are trying to make the best of it, as are we. They respect no other teams, truly. If Syracuse beats them, it really is just an irritating mosquito bite that will soon disappear. Only Carolina gets their true attention. But not their respect.

Really, guys, we can’t take it personally.

The one Duke alum that I know is so Duke-centric in all his takes and views. Way worse than the average homer biased fan.

He literally only knows and cares about Duke, he thinks their end of the bench players are amazing every year and he gives zero credit or thought to any other teams.
Also most Duke fans, especially the ones you will see in the Carrier Dome, never attended school at Duke and never lived in NC. Like Cowboy fans. Real posers.

I've never understood why someone who lives in upstate NY and has no attachment to Duke University becomes a fan of the team. Do they root for their football team also. I think not.

In the past those were the type of fans who would say things like “their kids are smart and go to class”.

Not sure what they say now that Duke is the co-premier one and done factory.

There are front runners everywhere, what’s so hard to understand about that?

Well, there greatest player ever is from "Upstate" New York. And he was

IT0K3TI.jpg

Have you seen the massive butts sitting in the dome? Doubt 10% of Cuse basketball fans ever played a sport in their life.

We will beat them 4 times this year. Mark it down.
I'm as rabid a Cuse fan as anyone but Duke is going to have a formidable team this year. To claim we will beat them 4 times this year it makes me think that you haven't seen Zion Williamson or R.J. Barrett. Williamson is s freak and could give us fits down low. I like our chances against them but I'd stop short of marking down 4 wins.

I'm as rabid a Cuse fan as anyone but Duke is going to have a formidable team this year. To claim we will beat them 4 times this year it makes me think that you haven't seen Zion Williamson or R.J. Barrett. Williamson is s freak and could give us fits down low. I like our chances against them but I'd stop short of marking down 4 wins.

I've seen them.

We are beating them 4 times. Mark it down.

By the way this is their worst shooting team in years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom