Duke Basketball forum | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Basketball forum

Why do you think so many people call their dog Duke? I Know of no one that calls their dog Orange!!

I’d bet the majority of their students and alums never actually played a sport in their life and didn’t become “basketball fans” until they went to Duke and got to do choreographed cheers at the games. So I don’t really care what they think about sports.

Why does this matter? They go to the school. They support the school.

People around here revere alums Costas, Albert, and Tirico, and the three them look like they would be managers for the intramural tiddlywinks team.

This thread is an embarrassment as far as I'm concerned. It implies our need for Duke fans acknowledgement and approval. Who cares what they think. Our focus should be on building every phase of our program, winning every game we play and making other folks worry about us. Win enough games against anybody over time and they will take us seriously. The ACC has been around since 1953(?) and we have only been a member since 2013 . . . it is going to take time, memorable games, and some controversial incidences to build up true rivalries. In the meantime live by Al Davis's philosophy, "Just win, baby!" Let's Go Cuse!

Whether it's Duke or anyone else on Tobacco Road, we need to beat all of them as many times as possible. While they may not consider us rivals, getting beaten by us will leave a bitter taste in their mouths because we aren't founding members and Northerners besides.

Wait until you age significantly before you judge too quickly.

I've been to enough games at the Dome where it's not judging quickly, and it has nothing to do with age.

One of their board topics is a list of their top ten games this year.

We are not on it.

Kentucky first and get this...home opener vs Army. Yes, Army. Then 2 w NC 2 w Virginia ..., I don’t know how to copy that thread here but I think it’s a joke that they don’t get up big time for Cuse games. Always competing always unpredictable, 2 HOF coaches going head to head. I’m calling BS
Who cares, man. Insecurity.

I've been to enough games at the Dome where it's not judging quickly, and it has nothing to do with age.
I can't argue with that, but if you want to see minimal room in bleachers, come to the South.

I can't argue with that, but if you want to see minimal room in bleachers, come to the South.
did you just reply to the same quote twice but with different wording?

Why does this matter? They go to the school. They support the school.

People around here revere alums Costas, Albert, and Tirico, and the three them look like they would be managers for the intramural tiddlywinks team.

Fair point. I’m generalizing big time, but for multiple reasons it doesn’t strike me as a fanbase to where I value their thoughts on Syracuse basketball. A lot of them flat out don’t know or care...and I don’t care that they don’t care!

I think it’s been by far our best ACC series so far in terms of exciting games. Both teams have won their share. Almost every game has been hotly contested and close, with some dramatic finishes. Both teams will be good again this year and we’ll probably have some more great battles. If a lot of their fans don’t care or notice...oh well?

We have handed Duke some devastating losses and I demand some hate. Call me a name! Knock my nachos over. Mispronounce Mareks last name I dare you! We put a hurting on you while sanctioned. We are loaded with experience and gonna have you mumbling under your breath about Cuse post season. Pain is coming! By the way, your board is boring.

We have handed Duke some devastating losses and I demand some hate. Call me a name! Knock my nachos over. Mispronounce Mareks last name I dare you! We put a hurting on you while sanctioned. We are loaded with experience and gonna have you mumbling under your breath about Cuse post season. Pain is coming! By the way, your board is boring.
-06cafa6515ec3845.JPG.cf.jpg

did you just reply to the same quote twice but with different wording?
LOL
I thought it wasn't posted the first time so I posted again. Somedays I can't remember what I went in a room for let alone exact wording of a post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom