Duke Class - Interesting View - FWIW | Syracusefan.com

Duke Class - Interesting View - FWIW

50YRsofCuse

Syracuse Fan in Florida and in SC
Over the last four years, 12 players have left Duke Basketball Team. Several of these went (or going) Pro and the rest transferred. At the beginning of this recruiting year, Duke had 3 Commits, and only 2 open spots. Now, they have 3 Commits and 3 open spots and happen to be waiting on decisions from 2 of top six players and the third one is in the top 12. They are Mohammed Bamba, Trevon Duvall and Kevin Knox. Interesting that there is magically room for all on Duke 2017-2018 roster. I am sure that someone will comment "Better they go to Duke than Kentucky"

If this same situation happened at Syracuse, there would be numerous allegations that Syracuse ran players off.

Over the last four years, 12 players have left Duke Basketball Team. Several of these went (or going) Pro and the rest transferred. At the beginning of this recruiting year, Duke had 3 Commits, and only 2 open spots. Now, they have 3 Commits and 3 open spots and happen to be waiting on decisions from 2 of top six players and the third one is in the top 12. They are Mohammed Bamba, Trevon Duvall and Kevin Knox. Interesting that there is magically room for all on Duke 2017-2018 roster. I am sure that someone will comment "Better they go to Duke than Kentucky"

If this same situation happened at Syracuse, there would be numerous allegations that Syracuse ran players off.
Running them off to go make million$? K you bastard.

In retrospect, Syracuse lost 10 players, 4 were Former Walk-ons

They'll get Knox, but Bamba will go to UK IMO. Dukes success next year hinges on whether Allen and Kennard go pro.

No clue what Duval or Waters will do...

I assume Allen is back and I also bet Kennard will be back. Allen seems like the Tim Tebow of basketball (in terms of doing great in college but appears to have no place in the pros). Although he fell off hard after the tripping thing really exploded this year and he had whatever injury it was.

Boeheim would (and has) run players off to make room for new players. Almost every top 50-ish D1 team does this sort of thing.

Boeheim would (and has) run players off to make room for new players. Almost every top 50-ish D1 team does this sort of thing.
Can you imagine the response if someone like Mo Bamba (I know he isn't coming here) wanted to come to Syracuse, but JB had to tell him "I'm sorry, but we already have Sidibe and Chukwu, there is no room."? People would freak out. It is an unfortunate part of big time college basketball, but to win at this level, you have to have talent and you cannot turn away high end talent. Btw, I know that you know this Mason, just piggy backing on your post.

What's the big deal? Two kids transferred that don't play and want to get minutes somewhere. Even if one or both stayed, they'd still have at least one open scholarship even with Allen/Kennard still there.

Not getting your degree from Duke is way better than not getting your degree from Kentucky.

rumor going around that Allen is going to graduate and transfer

Can you imagine the response if someone like Mo Bamba (I know he isn't coming here) wanted to come to Syracuse, but JB had to tell him "I'm sorry, but we already have Sidibe and Chukwu, there is no room."? People would freak out. It is an unfortunate part of big time college basketball, but to win at this level, you have to have talent and you cannot turn away high end talent. Btw, I know that you know this Mason, just piggy backing on your post.

yup

We ran off Devin Brennan McBride and Sean Williams.
Every school does it.

Wait till players start getting paid. It'll be much less kid glovesy.

This post makes me think of participation trophies(hate those freakin things)! What does being on the roster first or longer have to do with anything. Just like in the real world. If someone better comes along at your position, you better step up, or you're gonna lose your job! I have no problem with what Duke is doing(and what we have done in the past)!

Sorry for the rant!!!!

rumor going around that Allen is going to graduate and transfer
Was it Coach K or Allen's teammates that started this rumor? If they did, then the rumor would be official.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom