Duke could be in big, big, big trouble | Syracusefan.com

Duke could be in big, big, big trouble

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
hayward-624x499.jpg

Butler who lost 71-69 & barely missed a desperation three by Gordon Hayward may win by default, or would they?

spg-vertical.jpg

In that game Lance Thomas took Hayward down hard to prevent an easy layup.

"The refs reviewed the play and decided not to call it flagrant – one of a hundred little moments that could have swung such a tight, taut game."

Thomas had 6 points on the night.

Would the NCAA really strip Duke of the 2010 national title?

Not surprised. All the Coach K worshipers don't want to admit, or don't realize, that he and Duke are as bad as it gets with this stuff. People must forget the Lincoln Navigators, the jobs, the homes, Corey Margette. K is the modern era Wooden. Should be stripped of every title.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If K is stripped of all those wins does JB pass him? It will be very close! Other than that I'm amazed how dumb some of these kids are.

Edit: Duke had 35 wins that year Coach K is 37 wins ahead of JB currently

Not surprised. All the Coach K worshipers don't want to admit, or don't realize, that he and Duke are as bad as it gets with this stuff. People must forget the Lincoln Navigators, the jobs, the homes, Corey Margette. K is the modern era Wooden. Should be stripped of every title.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
research Chris Duhon.
If they didn't find him ineligible, don't hold your breath.

If K is stripped of all those wins does JB pass him? It will be very close! Other than that I'm amazed how dumb some of these kids are.

Edit: Duke had 35 wins that year Coach K is 37 wins ahead of JB currently

If he bought the jewelry in December, would that only vacate wins from that point on? If so it'd probably be less than 35 wins vacated but the national championship being vacated would be crazy.

Im not sure how the NCAA will get around punishing Duke. I mean they did vacate a USC championship and they're a high profile program and recently set the precedent at Memphis, but I'd be shocked if they actually held them accountable. Like some of you said if Duhon and maggete didn't get penalized... I wonder if it will pick up steam and get a lot of publicity, that could be a big factor as well. We know ESPN wouldn't dare throw dirt on one of their biggest tv rating cash cows tho.

If he bought the jewelry in December, would that only vacate wins from that point on? If so it'd probably be less than 35 wins vacated but the national championship being vacated would be crazy.

Im not sure how the NCAA will get around punishing Duke. I mean they did vacate a USC championship and they're a high profile program and recently set the precedent at Memphis, but I'd be shocked if they actually held them accountable. Like some of you said if Duhon and maggete didn't get penalized... I wonder if it will pick up steam and get a lot of publicity, that could be a big factor as well. We know ESPN wouldn't dare throw dirt on one of their biggest tv rating cash cows tho.
It's not when he bought the jewelry it's when he received the money. Moving someone's mom into town and getting her a job ( even if it is no show) isn't the same as cash for jewelry and a case that may/will be proved in court.

It's not when he bought the jewelry it's when he received the money. Moving someone's mom into town and getting her a job ( even if it is no show) isn't the same as cash for jewelry and a case that may/will be proved in court.

Yea but will they be able to prove he had the money before the day he bought the jewelry. Validating or coming up with an excusatory story on how he got the money may be easier to do then explain how a college student was able to receive a $70,000 line of credit. The impermissible benefits rule refers to among other things did the athlete receive a benefit that a "typical" college student would not get, like a $70,000 line of credit. I read its Because if athletes could just hedge credit lines and purchases against prospective future earnings then you'd have players buying cars, houses, whatever for $1 down all the time. Then schools would use relationships with local boosters or alumn as an advantage to give players cars and all that. So the thing that might get Duke in the end is the impermissible benefits regarding the line of credit.

The
hayward-624x499.jpg

Butler who lost 71-69 & barely missed a desperation three by Gordon Hayward may win by default, or would they?

spg-vertical.jpg

In that game Lance Thomas took Hayward down hard to prevent an easy layup.

"The refs reviewed the play and decided not to call it flagrant – one of a hundred little moments that could have swung such a tight, taut game."

Thomas had 6 points on the night.

Would the NCAA really strip Duke of the 2010 national title?
NCAA will never touch the sacred cow of college basket ball and its creator. They will not find anything to force their hand categorically convincing. Certain programs are in fact immune.

Ok I'm glad I read the article because from what was posted the implication that I took was they might strip Duke of the title because they didn't call a flagrant foul.

I'm gonna guess this one just goes away

Edit: Went to a Duke message board; they got some people freaking out there, fwiw.

Every few years Duke is due to vacate a title - never going to happen though.

The NCAA is so pissed at Kentucky, that they're considering punishing Duke.
As long as in turn they're not so pissed at Duke that they nail us for the drug policy thing, it doesn't bother me

If Duke and Kentucky go down I may regain a shred of respect for the NCAA and the legitimacy of college basketball, but I'm not holding my breath.
If UNC is allowing athletes to take bogus classes, imagine what they're "studying" at Ky.

how is a sr. able to get 70,000$ credit line w/o some assurances from an agent or coach who would say he is good for the money. most likely a first loan and a big one,and it's just jewelry,not a house for mom

If UNC is allowing athletes to take bogus classes, imagine what they're "studying" at Ky.
Lert me just say that I took some classes with scholarship athletes and a famous walk-onYou might be shocked at what I observed.:eek:

how is a sr. able to get 70,000$ credit line w/o some assurances from an agent or coach who would say he is good for the money. most likely a first loan and a big one,and it's just jewelry,not a house for mom
Let me know if this goes beyond an "inquiry". $70,000?Chicken feed for an agent trying to get the big fish in his boat.You think USC gets all the great players because of geography?There is tons of $ behind the scenes for parents and girl friends of a sort. Its the big business of college football and basketball.

Again, where did the 30K come from? That is all that matters.

If from legitimate means, it's all good. if not, it's not good.