Duke game, the Super Bowl and possible conflict? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke game, the Super Bowl and possible conflict?

Wouldn't be a conflict for me. Nothing in my sports world takes priority over Syracuse. Even if the Bills were playing.....(WHOA that might be my funniest post ever!)

never understood why now that they usually have an off week they dont play on sat.. makes all the travel so much easier for most people and the TV watching much better with no work the next day for most.

The couldn't move the game forward. People are leaving that day. The super bowl is the most important game of the sports year. It is also a social event. It should never be played in a outdoor arena in the northeast.

Wouldn't be a conflict for me. Nothing in my sports world takes priority over Syracuse. Even if the Bills were playing...(WHOA that might be my funniest post ever!)

Son, sit down and let me tell you a story about a time, a long, long time ago, when the Bills were in the Super Bowl in what seemed like every year for a stretch. I know this requires suspending your disbelief, but if you allow me the time to spin my yarn, you'll be almost pleased. For you see, although they were there, and to this I can attest, they never could reach the highest plateau and win the trophy for all of the fine folks from Western NY...

Son, sit down and let me tell you a story about a time, a long, long time ago, when the Bills were in the Super Bowl in what seemed like every year for a stretch. I know this requires suspending your disbelief, but if you allow me the time to spin my yarn, you'll be almost pleased. For you see, although they were there, and to this I can attest, they never could reach the highest plateau and win the trophy for all of the fine folks from Western NY...

Yes I remember those 4 years a long, long time ago. They did teach me to appreciate the great years because you never know what will come next. I remember how exasperated I got by the third and fourth time. I'm wondering if I might have said something in frustration that caused the football gods to go against us. I joke about the Bills but I'm still watching them every time they are on (which is rare in Kansas City) or listening on the internet. They will always be my team!

The Super Bowl won't be moved unless we have a Blizzard of epic proportions. Just won't happen.

Lets hope for a snowstorm in nyc on Saturday to remove the option of playing the superbowl that day. Perhaps even a repeat of tuesdays storm that went south of Syracuse.

Yes I remember those 4 years a long, long time ago. They did teach me to appreciate the great years because you never know what will come next. I remember how exasperated I got by the third and fourth time. I'm wondering if I might have said something in frustration that caused the football gods to go against us. I joke about the Bills but I'm still watching them every time they are on (which is rare in Kansas City) or listening on the internet. They will always be my team!

I lived in Buffalo for the first one. What a great night. The game was very exciting, and it was sad they lost and all, but we had an awesome party that continued very late into the night for me, and a friend......

Lets hope for a snowstorm in nyc on Saturday to remove the option of playing the superbowl that day. Perhaps even a repeat of tuesdays storm that went south of Syracuse.

The storm is free to come up my way east of the Cuse as well. We need it!

I do kind of like the idea of folks that got tickets because its an event, vs fans of either team, having to sit outside in cold and snow.

How would you like to be told the game will be on Monday when you absolutely cannot be there after you paid $?,000. for a ticket?
Bad times at the ticket booth and elsewhere. :mad:

As long as they don't push it back a week. I'm not missing The Walking Dead returning.

I would think the game would be played February 3rd though over the 1st.

I agree - playing it a day earlier sounds crazy. How much better would the weather be a day earlier and how far ahead could they even determine that Sunday would be bad yet Saturday would be better.? Never heard of postponed events being moved forward instead of back,

I agree - playing it a day earlier sounds crazy. How much better would the weather be a day earlier and how far ahead could they even determine that Sunday would be bad yet Saturday would be better.? Never heard of postponed events being moved forward instead of back,

but if a storm is coming Sunday, would it be able to be cleaned up by Monday?

Best bet, postpone this sucker til May

I think they said they would need to decide by Thursday or so.
I know there are times baseball games get moved up a few hours if there is a storm coming. If you move it up you dont have to worry about snow removal.

If you listened to Goodell a couple of weeks ago, they have contingency plans for every big game in case they have an emergency. This isn't anything new.

Odds that they move the Super Bowl to Saturday are about the same as if they did, SU/Duke would get televised anyway.

Cue the F the Super Bowl posts.

Hey, Superbowl...
272689-600.jpg

u should feel bad...

How would you like to be told the game will be on Monday when you absolutely cannot be there after you paid $?,000. for a ticket?
Bad times at the ticket booth and elsewhere. :mad:

Allow me to take a page out of Jim Mora's playbook: I don't give a rat's ass about anyone that pays $?,000 for a ticket.

huh?
If the Super Bowl is played and their is a snow storm if a person gets injured because of unsafe conditions and their is no assumption of risk by the spectator the NFL would get sued. The NFL know they can't risk playing the Super Bowl which isn't a regular game in unsafe conditions when the game is all about corporate American wasting millions of dollars for the game weekend.