Duke has lost 7 of its 13 scholarship players thus far. | Syracusefan.com

Duke has lost 7 of its 13 scholarship players thus far.

Alsacs

Living Legend
Early NBA: Jayson Tatum, Luke Kennard, Harry Giles
Seniors: Amile Jefferson, Matt Jones
Transfers: Chase Jeter, Sean Obi

That is a lot of turnover and they could still lose Grayson Allen. It just shows Duke is turning into Kentucky. Kentucky gets the label of all one and dones but they had 2 Seniors this year.

Gaining: Trent, O'Connell, Carter
TBD: Knox(please go to mizzou)/Bamba(please go to mizzou)/Duval

they're obv going to have talent one way or another but I think it could be interesting for duke and unc next year

Gaining: Trent, O'Connell, Carter
TBD: Knox(please go to mizzou)/Bamba(please go to mizzou)/Duval
Not sure if Bamba to Mizzou is realistic at this point. The focus will be on Jeremiah Tilmon once he's released. I'm guessing Jontay Porter is Plan B, and Bamba as a Plan B to anyone seems weird.

Not sure if Bamba to Mizzou is realistic at this point. The focus will be on Jeremiah Tilmon once he's released. I'm guessing Jontay Porter is Plan B, and Bamba as a Plan B to anyone seems weird.

I think Michigan and UK are possibilities for Bamba as well. Not sure why he would go to Duke anyway. It's not like K likes playing true centers.

Coach k is very much like Boeheim when it comes to his bench. If he thinks he's got 6 1/2 guys that will help him win, he'll only play 6 1/2. And he will ride his horses.

Meanwhile Cal plays Towns like 22 minutes per game and goes deep into the bench.

These one and dones better be sure they'll start if they're going to Duke. And on the other extreme, they better be ok with possibly playing less than their play warrants if they go to Kentucky.

Hopefully more of these kids will be leaders and want to break status quo and start going to some other schools.

That said - I still think they will be better than us next year.

Early NBA: Jayson Tatum, Luke Kennard, Harry Giles
Seniors: Amile Jefferson, Matt Jones
Transfers: Chase Jeter, Sean Obi

That is a lot of turnover and they could still lose Grayson Allen. It just shows Duke is turning into Kentucky. Kentucky gets the label of all one and dones but they had 2 Seniors this year.

Read an article awhile ago (wish I could remember where) that talked about Duke and Kentucky being the two go-to programs for prospective one-and-dones.

Harry Giles played 300 minutes for them and averaged 3.9 points per game. And I though we got gyped with Chris McCullough.
Don't worry, Philly will draft him, he will have an injury filled career and they will eventually trade him.

At least they started off with 13. Now they'll have about the same number of scholarship players as us.

At least they started off with 13. Now they'll have about the same number of scholarship players as us.

JB has always referred about 10. Enough depth to deal with injuries and scrimmage 5 on 5 with schollies but you don't have recruited guys grumbling at the end of the bench. Should he start to over-recruit to deal with the losses?

JB has always referred about 10. Enough depth to deal with injuries and scrimmage 5 on 5 with schollies but you don't have recruited guys grumbling at the end of the bench. Should he start to over-recruit to deal with the losses?
15K messages. congrats, Steve.

If we can get Tucker and Ayala I really like next years team. I think Brissett will really surprise people.

I'm with you on Brissett. Seems like a really good athlete with the motor. Could be more advanced (hopefully) than Grant was coming in. Note: not a knock on Grant but more that we need contributing bodies who can actually ball ASAP!

Maybe. It may have helped this year. I would think it's a mistake to assume all your guys are gonna stay healthy.