Duke has stolen JB’s zone | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke has stolen JB’s zone

Last few minutes Duke went zone and cut off FSU's penetration. FSU missed 3 or 4 trey's Duke scored on the other end and the outcome was sealed.

If OB doesn't do anything dumb, we will have an elite team next year.
Yup if OB returns to pair with Bazely at the forward spots, we’ll be very good with Carey getting run at guard. Dream scenario is Tyus returns also, but I give this about a 10% chance of happening.

Hard to believe the Cofer kid couldn’t get off the bench until this year.

Apparently he's been injured quite a bit.

Duke could be vulnerable on defense, Boston College was enfuego against them and might have beaten anyone that day. Unfortunately Duke is not vulnerable on offense. Syracuse is gonna be vulnerable on offense every night this year.

By the end of the year Duke will take the nets down by 20 imo.

I think the defensive has been incredibly bad. Wide open shots all over the floor. let me put it this way, college teams don't score like this with any kind of good defense.

Yep K is hiding some individual D liability with his use of the zone this year. Unfortunately his team has enough offense to make up for these drawbacks.

I hope they run into a 3 point juggernaut and fall flat in the second round. It's happened before when Duke doesn't make 3's from multiple positions but this year they have the rebounding which should make the difference.

Biggest problem SU has this year is a lack of bench, our guards can beat anyone if they played 30m a night.

Yep K is hiding some individual D liability with his use of the zone this year. Unfortunately his team has enough offense to make up for these drawbacks.

I hope they run into a 3 point juggernaut and fall flat in the second round. It's happened before when Duke doesn't make 3's from multiple positions but this year they have the rebounding which should make the difference.

Biggest problem SU has this year is a lack of bench, our guards can beat anyone if they played 30m a night.

Perfect example is BC & FL St... they had to score 100 points on duke to beat them, FL St was not capable of doing that on the road today. Not too many teams in the country can score 100 and play 10 guys. Duke's offense might require you to play 9-10 guys between fouls and point production.

Apparently he's been injured quite a bit.

Duke could be vulnerable on defense, Boston College was enfuego against them and might have beaten anyone that day. Unfortunately Duke is not vulnerable on offense. Syracuse is gonna be vulnerable on offense every night this year.

By the end of the year Duke will take the nets down by 20 imo.

Vulnerable? No they can’t defend at all. Same as last year with a bunch of elite prosepects.

Vulnerable? No they can’t defend at all. Same as last year with a bunch of elite prosepects.

I was referring to the end of the season, yes they are a bad defense and close to the best offense. By years end I'm assuming they will have an average defense and the best offense.

So are you saying Duke's D is not vulnerable?

Hate to give Calipari credit, but generally he has got his top prospect teams to commit to defence much better than Coach K, and have had much better defensive efficiency.

I was referring to the end of the season, yes they are a bad defense and close to the best offense. By years end I'm assuming they will have an average defense and the best offense.

So are you saying Duke's D is not vulnerable?

No they are bad defensively was my point. I’m not a believer that just because you have top pro prospects guarantees you anything in March. We’ve seen the past couple years that isn’t true.