Duke lands two studs | Syracusefan.com

Duke lands two studs

As long as they ain't going to kentucky i'm fine with it.

Although this is starting to become a theme for Duke now with the 1 and dones.

and Alexander to kansas...
gawd how the rich get richer

As long as they ain't going to kentucky i'm fine with it.

Although this is starting to become a theme for Duke now with the 1 and dones.
Just out of curiosity, why are you okay with these guys going to Duke, and not Kentucky?

We play Duke now, at least once per year. We don't play Kentucky, and won't unless it's in the Final Four or national championship in all likelihood.

Just names and numbers on a page, gentlemen. My question is why we can't land a top 6-11, 7-0 er every couple of years? We always seem to do well with PF, SF and have done well at PG over the last decade. We grabbed Fab Melo, who for all his bumbleheadedness did develop into a dominant big man. Onuaku developed into one over time. We seem to have struck out the last couple years when we had solid bigs on the radar. I'm not worried about who Duke gets, but we need to start grabbing a solid scoring big every three years.

I really hope McC is able to figure out his schooling situation and matriculate to SU next season. That should be our first worry.

Just out of curiosity, why are you okay with these guys going to Duke, and not Kentucky?

We play Duke now, at least once per year. We don't play Kentucky, and won't unless it's in the Final Four or national championship in all likelihood.

Because peoples grudges on here are just childish and stupid. I still see after people's posts. People hate Kentucky on here more than Duke or UNC which is mind boggling because at this point they're far more of a rival than uconn or Kentucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just names and numbers on a page, gentlemen. My question is why we can't land a top 6-11, 7-0 er every couple of years? .

Both of our bigs are McDonald's All Americans coming off of getting Fab Melo. and McCollough is 6-10.

just sayin...it doesnt matter to me because our offense is a guard/small forward offense.

Both of our bigs are McDonald's All Americans coming off of getting Fab Melo. and McCollough is 6-10.

just sayin...it doesnt matter to me because our offense is a guard/small forward offense.

True. As long as we can rebound.

McCulough and Joseph . . . . . . . . shhhh plus we will have Ennis, Cooney, Rok, DC2, BJ, TylerR, Buss, Chinso, MikeG and possiblyGrant back.

Well you're right about Duke but I don't want them going to UK either. I have to hear about them everyday makes me sick.

These top 5 players are on a whole different (higher) level than the #20-50 kids. Even though they will only play 1 year in college, if we want to compete with Duke we'll have to step it up and compete for some of these guys. Except for Carmelo 10 years ago, we don't get these type of kids.

These top 5 players are on a whole different (higher) level than the #20-50 kids. Even though they will only play 1 year in college, if we want to compete with Duke we'll have to step it up and compete for some of these guys. Except for Carmelo 10 years ago, we don't get these type of kids.
Remind me again, between us and Duke and Kentucky, two schools who get "these types of kids" who are on that different, higher level, who was most recently in the Final Four?

You're right though, we really need to step things up if we want to compete.

Because peoples grudges on here are just childish and stupid. I still see after people's posts. People hate Kentucky on here more than Duke or UNC which is mind boggling because at this point they're far more of a rival than uconn or Kentucky.

For me it's a respect thing. I have little respect foy UK and none for coach Cal. So, I'd rather see a top recruit go to a coach and team that I respect, even if they are a new conference rival. We do need to win a head to head recruiting battle against Duke and UNC every two or three years though.

they play man. practice for the nba. su bball; practice for Washington generals

No big deal. Chip lands two studs every Saturday night.

McCullough is one of those types of kids.

the last 10 or so years we have gotten a few types of players:

studs when committed, fell back: paul harris, donte greene, DC2, rak, chris m (still to be decided - but ranking wise slipping), dion, brandon (i realize b/c of injury) etc... dion and brandon both had great SU careers - but both had fallen a bit in recruiting before getting here.

middle of the pack or diamonds in the rough when committed then exploded prior to coming to cuse or at cuse: cj, flynn, MCW, (hak but thats going way back at this point), wes (to an extent), jerami grant, kris, southerland, rick jackson

projects who didnt really pan out: sean williams, dash, dbm, baye (i realize he is VERY solid... but hes a role player at best - not a gorgi dieng).

melo on the other hand was a stud when we got him... and then kept climbing. sometimes thats just plain luck. its been 11 years since we had that kind of luck - hopefully we get it again really soon.

McCullough is one of those types of kids.

I really hope you're right about McCullough. But from what I've seen and read, Okafor is the real deal. Absolutely dominant. If he were playing in college this year, he'd be the best center in the game by a lot. And he's still got a year to continue developing before he gets here. I think it's fair to say that McCullough is roughly around the level of a Tyus Jones. I would love it if he's at Okafor's level. Either way, though, this means Duke and Syracuse are likely going to be the two elite ACC programs over the next several years, and could set us up for our next great rivalry. Georgetown who?

Cuse and UNC have always been more of a swag school then duke. I don't get it.

McCullough isn't a dominating game changing type of player. Lower your expectations and you'll be fine with his production.

I really hope you're right about McCullough. But from what I've seen and read, Okafor is the real deal. Absolutely dominant. If he were playing in college this year, he'd be the best center in the game by a lot. And he's still got a year to continue developing before he gets here. I think it's fair to say that McCullough is roughly around the level of a Tyus Jones. I would love it if he's at Okafor's level. Either way, though, this means Duke and Syracuse are likely going to be the two elite ACC programs over the next several years, and could set us up for our next great rivalry. Georgetown who?

Rivalries are two way streets.

As long as One-and-Dones confined
Themselves to Old Kentucky,
We'd rag on Calipari and
Consider ourselves quite lucky.

But now that One-and-Dones are going
to Kansas and to Duke,
We'll say pee-you to both of them,
You make us want to puke! -- VBOF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members