Duke, MSG, etc | Syracusefan.com

Duke, MSG, etc

tptcuse

Living Legend
These past several games have no doubt been painful, but the biggest reason to be upset about this loss is that we miss our chance at a Duke rematch. Also, the people who bought tickets for Buffalo/MSG will have to sweat things out.

In the grand scheme of things, our seeding will still be good. I'm just pissed that I don't get to watch a great rematch tomorrow. :(

tptgeek said:
These past several games have no doubt been painful, but the biggest reason to be upset about this loss is that we miss our chance at a Duke rematch. Also, the people who bought tickets for Buffalo/MSG will have to sweat things out. In the grand scheme of things, our seeding will still be good. I'm just pissed that I don't get to watch a great rematch tomorrow. :(

Msg is dead. I just listed my tickets on stubhub

buffalo should still be good to go but msg is dead most likely

villanova has to ahead of whoever wins acc tournament for any chance at east

We basically need Duke and Virginia to both get on the 2 line, but not pass Villanova (or maybe be ahead of Virginia on the 3 line). Then we can backdoor into MSG.

How that happens??? I guess if Virginia loses tomorrow, we may be ahead of them on the 3 line. If Duke loses in the ACC tourney, they could be on the 2 line but behind Nova.

Then we can backdoor into MSG.

As vile as this sounds... GO PITT ... and Clemson and NC st.

Syracuse losing is going to drop them to a 4 at best.

And because most everyone counts the close games as losses for Syracuse, I wouldn't be surprised if the committee rewarded them with a 5.

I don't really understand how the regional placements work.

Only one team from a conference can be a top 4 seed in a region. The best team in the conference will typically get dibs on it -- if they fit.

Its possible the best ACC team (if a 2 seed) may not get the East, because Villanova may be deemed better. That could open the east to a lower seed from the ACC.

I don't really understand how the regional placements work.

its easy committee ranks teams 1-68. then starting from 1 place teams into bracket with #1 team getting into there closest regional site and 2nd and 3rd round site and you keep doing that until top 4 lines are set with bracketing principles to guide you like no conference teams in top 4 seeds can be in same region as other conference team until 4 teams are in from said conference

Yeah, um considering the way were playing MSG is almost a moot point. You'd still have to win two games to get there.

What a shame to choke away playing the regional in MSG. After a 25-0 start this is just an epic collapse that will go down in Syracuse lore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom