Duke One and Done's | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke One and Done's

Tre Jones. Tyus Jones brother.
Exactly. With Duval leaving and Allen graduating, he'll be their only point guard. Is that was elite schools do now, carry one pg on the roster?

Exactly. With Duval leaving and Allen graduating, he'll be their only point guard. Is that was elite schools do now, carry one pg on the roster?

That’s part of the problem. They didn’t even play Duval at pg. They played Allen there. Duval was misused. K is like JB he plays 6.5 guys. O’Connell and Jones will get all the minutes.

That’s part of the problem. They didn’t even play Duval at pg. They played Allen there. Duval was misused. K is like JB he plays 6.5 guys. O’Connell and Jones will get all the minutes.
It's logical that Allen played there, right? He was a talented experienced senior. But you're telling me the guy that started 34 games, averaged 30 mpg, and scored 10 ppg is going to lose his time to a player that started 1 game, averaged 10 mpg, and 3 ppg? That doesn't make sense. I think it's more likely Duval doesn't want to be a back up or play out of position again whereas O'Connell is ok with whatever his roll will be. If it's as simple as pushing people out to make room, why not push out the less productive player?

It's logical that Allen played there, right? He was a talented experienced senior. But you're telling me the guy that started 34 games, averaged 30 mpg, and scored 10 ppg is going to lose his time to a player that started 1 game, averaged 10 mpg, and 3 ppg? That doesn't make sense. I think it's more likely Duval doesn't want to be a back up or play out of position again whereas O'Connell is ok with whatever his roll will be. If it's as simple as pushing people out to make room, why not push out the less productive player?

Duval can’t shoot and they had him playing 2 guard. O’Connell can and Jones is a better pg. It’s well know they push players out. Not sure why you’re sticking up for Duke here.

Duval can’t shoot and they had him playing 2 guard. O’Connell can and Jones is a better pg. It’s well know they push players out. Not sure why you’re sticking up for Duke here.
I just don't agree that it is guaranteed this specific player was definitely pushed out. It makes more sense to push out one of the barely used forwards to make room for the other guys coming in. It seems to me O'Connel is well suited to the 2 and Duval would make a good option as a back up point guard, if Jones is better. Explain to me why O'Connell didn't get more minutes this year, if he was better suited to do what Duke wanted. Some of this doesn't pass the logic test.

Btw, I'm not sticking up for anyone. JB does the same thing and always has. The only difference is he never has 4 top 10 players coming in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom