Duke opens -11.5 over Cuse... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke opens -11.5 over Cuse...

I get that we’re an 11 seed going up against a 2 seed, but a double digit line seems to be high. Two conference rivals? Two HOF coaches? 10+ points seems very high. I’d put it at 7 or 8.

I wonder what the line was against OK back in 2009? We got destroyed by Blake Griffin that day. It’s really the last tournament game that we weren’t in it, other than last year vs. UNC.

The worst thing that can happen to us in the tournament is to run into a team that knows us.

Yup - the last thing I wanted to see was someone familiar with our style of play.

I certainly get the sentiment, but interestingly our last two Elite 8 wins were against conference foes. And conference foes we'd had moderate struggle with (Marquette) and one that had dominated us (UVA). If we get past Duke, we have some chance of a third straight Elite 8 game against a conference opponent. That might be some kind of record if it were to happen. Flip side: two of our last five NCAA Tournament losses were also against conference foes. I guess it is what you get when you reside in the best conference.

Oklahoma was a 1 point favorite. We lost by 13

13? We must have gotten some garbage time baskets because I was thinking more around 18 to 20. Griffin dunked every play and the skinny kid with the white sleeves (Crocker?) went off from 3.

13? We must have gotten some garbage time baskets because I was thinking more around 18 to 20. Griffin dunked every play and the skinny kid with the white sleeves (Crocker?) went off from 3.
They won the first half by 13. Second half was tied 45-45

Yeah. Crocker was 6-11 from 3. And Blake went 30 and 14.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom