Duke perishes in flames | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke perishes in flames

They'll get it... Just need to jump up and down and do the hand jive at the tv when they call that region.

Duke won't make the second weekend unless they are handed the first two games match-up wise. Banchero is good but reminds me of Jabari Parker in that he will play, have some decent years but isn't a future all star/stalwart. I honestly don't see any of these Duke first rounders doing much of anything in the league absent Banchero.

It is so satisfying to see Duke shiz the bed, and get embarrassed in the conference tournament.

For the record, I loathe VT -- but they are the lesser of two evils tonight.

I look forward to this heartless, gutless, turd of a roster capping Coach K's farewell tour with an upset loss in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament.

Oh, and all of those dipshit , smarmy, entitled Duke fans who love being ostentatiously over the top when they are winning? Have a nice ride home tonight, losers.

It is heartless for sure. Just guys punching a ticket.

The camera panned our game - saw a neighbor from Queens growing up - who went to St. John's - all decked out in Duke gear. Ugh...

Duke won't make the second weekend unless they are handed the first two games match-up wise. Banchero is good but reminds me of Jabari Parker in that he will play, have some decent years but isn't a future all star/stalwart. I honestly don't see any of these Duke first rounders doing much of anything in the league absent Banchero.
That’s exactly who he reminds me of. Good offense poor defense. I do think Banchero is more skilled, with more range, but his defense is just plain bad. Griffin’s defense is even worse. I’ve watch Smith from Auburn a lot this year and he going to be another tweener in the NBA. His motor runs pretty low at time too. I’d take the kid (Jackson?)from Texas AM over both of them. He plays both ends of the floor and has relentless intensity.

It is so satisfying to see Duke shiz the bed, and get embarrassed in the conference tournament.

I look forward to this heartless, gutless, turd of a roster capping Coach K's farewell tour with an upset loss in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament.

Oh, and all of those dipshit , smarmy, entitled Duke fans who love being ostentatiously over the top when they are winning? Have a nice ride home tonight, losers.
Feel like I despise Tech football but nothing their basketball team. I dislike UVA MUCH more

Feel like I despise Tech football but nothing their basketball team. I dislike UVA MUCH more
Other than those few years where Buzz was always on the court being annoying, I have zero memories or feelings towards VT basketball in any way. They’ve otherwise always been just another team. I almost forgot they were even in the Big East for hoops for awhile.

Other than those few years where Buzz was always on the court being annoying, I have zero memories or feelings towards VT basketball in any way. They’ve otherwise always been just another team. I almost forgot they were even in the Big East for hoops for awhile.

Haha, one of the tweets I saw last night after they beat Duke was something like, "That was the most fun I've had watching a game this season! I didn't think Va Tech had a basketball team!"

It was rather random and stupid, but made me laugh. They are mostly a forgettable bunch when it comes to hoops.

Last edited:
The end of this year's Duke season is a good reason why farewell tours aren't a good idea. I get why Coach K would do it this way, but man, it puts tremendous pressure on your team. I can just see them being in a closely contested game as a 2 seed against a 15 and getting tight leading to a terrible loss. What a way to go out, if your Coach K. I would love it (sorry to say).

Duke's season this year is as much about the beginning of Scheyer's coaching career as it is the end of K's. So it's like a win-win. Going to be enormous pressure on him next season.

download.jpg

;)

I hate VT football. Hoops team is meh to me. Good for them.

The end of this year's Duke season is a good reason why farewell tours aren't a good idea. I get why Coach K would do it this way, but man, it puts tremendous pressure on your team. I can just see them being in a closely contested game as a 2 seed against a 15 and getting tight leading to a terrible loss. What a way to go out, if your Coach K. I would love it (sorry to say).
If they are anything better than a 3 seed it’s rigged.

Depends on matchups. Duke can’t defend speedy PGs.
Their man to man defense ball pressure isn’t good.

They aren’t winning the NC for sure.
Too flawed defensively. Speed will beat them.

It’s why we are bad matchup against them. We lack speed so they can clamp us down. Torrence helped against them for that reason he made us faster and Jimmy, Joe and Cole made a lot of tough shots

Listening to Jon Jastremski, formerly on WFAN now on the Ringer, talk about Duke on the Sunday gambling podcast. I agree that the three of the #1 seeds are locked in with Gonzaga, Arizona, and Kansas. That fourth #1 is up for debate. He said whomever that weakest #1 seed is it'll be a stone cold lock that Duke will be the #2 in that region. Totally agree with this take. Think of the gauntlet the committee set of up for haughty Witicha St. in 2014, and picture the cakiest of cakewalks for Duke to get the Final Four.

Coach K did it his way

i only caught bits of second half and flipped back for the full final 5. just seemed like the hokies wanted it more. and not sure why duke launches so many treys when they have the advantage inside. they shot awful against us and va tech. (15/52). combine that with the communication , passing and hustle of tech glad to see K go down .

No matter how favorable their draw nor how biased the refs will be, they still won’t make a run.

The pressure on these kids is absolutely enormous and it about tripled after the UNC loss.

Teams that should be ahead of Duke on the S curve:

Gonzaga
Arizona
Kansas
Baylor
UK
Auburn
Nova
Tennessee

Purdue should jump then as well if they beat Iowa.

Paolo Banchero on being at Duke:

It was almost like they treat you like a zoo animal... in class you’d see them over there whispering about you, staring at you. I done caught people trying to record me... classmates would start bringing their families to my dorm.”

Gotta use this in recruiting!

"Listen, [insert random 5star's name], Would you rather be a zoo animal or an Orange??...the choice is easy, if you ask me..." etc etc

Paolo Banchero on being at Duke:

It was almost like they treat you like a zoo animal... in class you’d see them over there whispering about you, staring at you. I done caught people trying to record me... classmates would start bringing their families to my dorm.”

Gotta use this in recruiting!

"Listen, [insert random 5star's name], Would you rather be a zoo animal or an Orange??...the choice is easy, if you ask me..." etc etc
Hate to break it to you, but this stuff happens to high profile college athletes everywhere, SU included. I’ve personally witnessed stuff like this on South Campus with hoops players on some of our really good teams. I’ve witnessed students bring their parents to show them where some of our star players live.

Hate to break it to you, but this stuff happens to high profile college athletes everywhere, SU included. I’ve personally witnessed stuff like this on South Campus with hoops players on some of our really good teams. I’ve witnessed students bring their parents to show them where some of our star players live.
Celeb worship culture is so weird.