Duke struggling with vermont | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke struggling with vermont

WOW!!

They're reviewing the clock (cuz it started after the made free throw) - not the three point shot. Ugh.

Hmmmmmm...HORRENDOUS CALL.

He initiated the contact in the body, block was clean...no call all day.

orange79 said:
Not true. We are the ONLY school that happens to. This board told me so. :rolleyes:

Yep. Overreactfan.com

Huh, kid should have been more aware...

I hate when the announcers just gloss over the last foul. Yup, that's a foul. Tell us where the foul was, clean block - so, where did the defender backing away foul??? When Hood jumped into his chest??

Jump ball, no call - any other call would have been more correct.

What a load of that was! Who gets the whistles?! DUKE GETS THE WHISTLES!!!

What Vermont? Can't get a shot off? Laughable.

And some people will still say Duke doesn't get shown favoritism by the refs. There was less a foul, actually none, on that last Duke shot than any of the prior 50 possessions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Vermont coach should have gone zone and forced OT. You had to know the drive and whistle was coming.

Hood with an out of control drive... given free throws for NOTHING. it really is CRAZY. randygoduke.

The in-studio guys were just recapping, and the commentary went something like this:

P1: And a foul on the last play...hmm. (Asking quizzically)
P2: No way that's a foul, Hood initiates contact.

At least they admitted it, as opposed to the announcers who just agreed it was foul and moved on w/out a thought.

The in-studio guys were just recapping, and the commentary went something like this:

At least they admitted it, as opposed to the announcers who just agreed it was foul and moved on w/out a thought.
"Hey, it doesn't matter there's still 5 seconds left". ...I can't believe I heard that announcer say that.

Everyone knows the truth. btw charlotte... legit?

"Hey, it doesn't matter there's still 5 seconds left". ...I can't believe I heard that announcer say that.

lolololol...I was so taken aback by the ridiculous foul that I forgot about that What moment from the broadcast. That was a classic - who says that???????

It also fouled out the kid - yeah, doesn't matter. How could it matter??

Everyone knows the truth. btw charlotte... legit?

Charlotte has been looking good - Michigan seemed mystified by their zone earlier.

Huh, not sure what the heck is going on in the Michigan game - what are they even reviewing??? Discard by McGary, foul on Charlotte player though for getting discarded?

It's so frustrating, Vermont performed so flawlessly on offense for the majority of the night...and then when they have a chance to win it at the end, they have such poor clock awareness that they don't even get a shot off, despite getting a good look at one with a second left. Yikes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom