Duke students taunt NC State player over dead Grandma | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Duke students taunt NC State player over dead Grandma

Were the Pitt students saying stuff when Keita was at the line? All I heard was the stuff directed at MCW. I have to admit, I thought the robes and Lord & Taylor chant was kind of funny.

I laughed at the MCW chants and then had to explain them to others. Well played I thought. I didn't hear any chants at Keita but i was at work and only caught part of the game.

No I didn't. I read your post. So how really different is a writer from a reporter? Enlighten me. Anyway we all know how reporters/writers are unbiased at all times.
Adios amigo.
Easy, hoss- no problemo. ;)
First, you should read the article, it breaks it down better than I could/did- hence the link.
Secondly, a blogger might(?) have more of a bias, usually un-revealed, than a reporter writing for a general newspaper, JMHO. Call me naive, but when it comes to sports teams, I'd hope professionalism wins out.
There is nothing in Ms. Keeley's history to suggest some innate "Duke bias", and her time-stamped tweet backs her up, unequivocally.
This blogger OTOH, uses re-tweets and presupposes that that's the whole story.
If you're suggesting that random bloggers are more "accurate" as a rule than newspaper reporters, especially one who was THERE at the scene, then I'd respectfully disagree.

How about Princeton fans in the NIT game against the Hoyas chanting "Who's your daddy" whenever foul shots were taken.

Now, that is awesome. lol.

I can't imagine Coach K is one bit happy about that. Wouldn't be shocked if he went out of his way to say something to the student section about that.
I would

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I was at the game. There was no chant referencing Lewis' grandmother.

He went to the line twice. The first time they chanted "Bilbo Baggins." the 2nd time, "Past your bedtime," clear as day.

Could 1 or 2 idiots have yelled something about his grandmother? I suppose, but it was clear to everyone in Cameron that the students were chanting "Past your bedtime."

What's amazing to me is how you all wanted to believe this. You wanted it to be true! You're all a bunch of Nifongs, blinded by your hatred/jealousy of Duke.

To those who suggested Coach K should discipline the students for this, I can assure you he would have, had it been true. Over the last 20 years, Coach K has castrated the Crazies to the point where there's nothing mean-spirited, or even particularly clever, coming out of that group any more.

He went to the line twice. The first time they chanted "Bilbo Baggins." the 2nd time, "Past your bedtime," clear as day.

Could 1 or 2 idiots have yelled something about his grandmother? I suppose, but it was clear to everyone in Cameron that the students were chanting "Past your bedtime."

What's amazing to me is how you all wanted to believe this. You wanted it to be true! You're all a bunch of Nifongs, blinded by your hatred/jealousy of Duke.

To those who suggested Coach K should discipline the students for this, I can assure you he would have, had it been true. Over the last 20 years, Coach K has castrated the Crazies to the point where there's nothing mean-spirited, or even particularly clever, coming out of that group any more.
Okay, so apparently the video linked in the Yard Barker article must have been tampered with, considering you can hear the grandma chant clear as day in that clip. It's not even debatable, and don't tell me what they are saying has anything to do with bedtime. I have ears.

It sounds like they were chanting "Past your bedtime" during the first free throw, but a few fans started chanting "how's your grandma?" during the second free throw. The grandma chant was less noticeable than the bedtime chant, but it can be heard fairly clearly. I'm guessing a few idiots started the chant and it caught on with students who probably had no idea about Lewis's grandmother.

There's always few idiots in every fan base, so I see no reason to demonize the entire student section for the actions of a select few.

What's up with the blogger? He has some sort of vendetta against you guys?

Never understood the Duke hate, we never play them. Yes, they win a lot of basketball games. So do we. Living in NC, I actually appreciate Duke for how much their success annoys UNC fans. Plus, K and JB are great friends.

Since you're in denial, would you like to comment on the rumor that Ryan Kelly is actually a girl? Saw this item on the Wake Forest site.

Since you're in denial, would you like to comment on the rumor that Ryan Kelly is actually a girl? Saw this item on the Wake Forest site.

I think you lost credibility when you referred to Wake Forest...

Duck fook!!
You gotta be kidding. That kind of goes beyond being low lifes. Not that it should surprise those not in the tobacco road red neck communities I can only imagine what is in store for the Cuse fans visiting. Put on your thick skin protection and stay out of fights and jail down in that area . It ain't Mayberry and sheriff Taylor. Opie has a gun rack on his pickup .:crazy:

WHAT??

You gotta be kidding. That kind of goes beyond being low lifes. Not that it should surprise those not in the tobacco road red neck communities I can only imagine what is in store for the Cuse fans visiting. Put on your thick skin protection and stay out of fights and jail down in that area . It ain't Mayberry and sheriff Taylor. Opie has a gun rack on his pickup .:crazy:

Huh? I live in NW Florida...aka LA (Lower Alabama)...don't have to tell me about guns in pickups!

WHAT??

Facepalm.gif

Easy, hoss- no problemo. ;)
First, you should read the article, it breaks it down better than I could/did- hence the link.
Secondly, a blogger might(?) have more of a bias, usually un-revealed, than a reporter writing for a general newspaper, JMHO. Call me naive, but when it comes to sports teams, I'd hope professionalism wins out.
There is nothing in Ms. Keeley's history to suggest some innate "Duke bias", and her time-stamped tweet backs her up, unequivocally.
This blogger OTOH, uses re-tweets and presupposes that that's the whole story.
If you're suggesting that random bloggers are more "accurate" as a rule than newspaper reporters, especially one who was THERE at the scene, then I'd respectfully disagree.
I hate the web 'cause my light (sometimes anyway) comes across as attacks.

Anyway - I am sometimes too quick with the response and it gets snippy. I apologize.

Also while doing chores I realized that the difference between writers and reports is that there are no reporters since all the hacks these days have agendas and either slant everything or flat out lie. An opinion I have come to, due to so very instances of seeing it happen. Bloogers just need a life. I know 'cause I asked Jake.

It sounds like they were chanting "Past your bedtime" during the first free throw, but a few fans started chanting "how's your grandma?" during the second free throw. The grandma chant was less noticeable than the bedtime chant, but it can be heard fairly clearly. I'm guessing a few idiots started the chant and it caught on with students who probably had no idea about Lewis's grandmother.

There's always few idiots in every fan base, so I see no reason to demonize the entire student section for the actions of a select few.
They are arrogant and Duke, so yes there is. But don't stop at their student section, go after anyone remotely associated with them. All or nothing I say.

What's amazing to me is how you ALL wanted to believe this. You're all a bunch of Nifongs, blinded by your hatred/jealousy of Duke.

Get over yourself, son.
What's with the "you ALL" nonsense? There's as many people defending Duke as there are agreeing with the blogger.
Stop playing martyr, the world doesn't revolve around Duke basketball...pansy!
Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Take out the earplugs.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Never understood the Duke hate, we never play them. Yes, they win a lot of basketball games. So do we. Living in NC, I actually appreciate Duke for how much their success annoys UNC fans. Plus, K and JB are great friends.

I hate them because of all the fawning over them by the media as if K is some god when in reality he is Calipari, Wooden and Tarkanian. I don't care who he is friends with.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom