Duke-Syracuse and Duke-UNC TV ratings, the ACC 'gold mine,' and future scheduling | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke-Syracuse and Duke-UNC TV ratings, the ACC 'gold mine,' and future scheduling

We could see Wake Forest and Pitt become permanent rivals and Syracuse-Duke. The ACC isn't going to take SU away from BC they need us to sell tickets. I think the ACC should work their schedules where UNC/Duke are mirrors and Louisville/Syracuse are mirrors and that every ACC team get a minimum of 2 home games from one of UNC/Duke, and one from Louisville/Syracuse that way every team has atleast 2 marquee games each season.

Anything that gets Pitt off our schedule twice a year is something I would be for as I hate playing their style two times a year.

I would rather drop playing Pitt twice then BC for recruiting purposes and because quite frankly I cannot stand having to lok at Jamie Dixon twice a year.

Just have the top 4 teams play each other H-H the following season, same with the 5th-8th teams, 9-12, 13-16. Odds are we'd continue to match up with them. And the top teams knocking each other around a little bit shouldn't matter as long as they are all beating the teams below them.

add a 16th team, have SU, Duke, UNC and Louisville should each other twice and everyone else once.

none of it matters until the Big Dance anyway, so who cares if the above schedule gives the lesser lights a Virginia chance at the mythical conference title every year?

I'd actually like to see BC truly become our premier rival. It has the makings of Boston/NE vs. New York with 2 northeast private schools.

BC will improve in FBall under Addazio and the 3 matchups (2 bball) against them have been great. They did stun us at home for our first loss and they are going to fire Donahue and get Ed Cooley or Bruce Pearl, both of whom will make them better on the court.

That being said, i'd love to play UNC and Duke twice in bball every year.

The numbers can't be ignored.
Really tremendous.

Top conference priority for SU should be replacing BC as a permanent partner.
We barely cared about them in the Big East.
But we were just assigned two other northern teams as so-called permanent partners.

Duke would be ideal...but replacing BC with Louisville works, too.
I don't see UNC happening...they won't lose NCSU.

People don't like Pitt...but year in and year out we have hard fought ugly battles with them.
(Yes, I know...emphasis on the word "ugly").

Louisville v Syracuse and Pitt v Syracuse

UNC v Duke and ?

They will find something worth watching on tv. They had some idea what they had with Syracuse, but now they might actually be fully awake and aware what a television dynamo the Orange can be.

The ACC is no Big East. They will do what is the right choice. They might even hire non Duke officials in the next five seasons.