Dumb & Dumber Were At The FB Game Today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dumb & Dumber Were At The FB Game Today

Odd thing - some threads get deleted quick for no apparent reason but then others never do when it seams they should
so we should change this thread!

so how bout stanford beating up ND right now

Odd thing - some threads get deleted quick for no apparent reason but then others never do when it seams they should

Posts or threads that have been deleted are when they become pissing contests and posters calling each other names like morons, s, stupid, etc. Also, some threads have been deleted that say nothing but just rile folks up, like things look bad for Bernie. Threads calling the accusers names haven't been deleted and you can find 100's of them. If we deleted all of them there would be no threads. I don't agree with calling them names like I have stated many times, but it is different than calling another poster names.

Posts or threads that have been deleted are when they become pissing contests and posters calling each other names like morons, s, stupid, etc. Also, some threads have been deleted that say nothing but just rile folks up, like things look bad for Bernie. Threads calling the accusers names haven't been deleted and you can fine 100's of them. If we deleted all of them there would be no threads. I don't agree with calling them names like I have stated many times, but it is different than calling another poster names.
Is calling another poster "Mark Schwarz" considered an insult now... just wondering for future reference

Is calling another poster "Mark Schwarz" considered an insult now... just wondering for future reference

Currently it isn't Mark.

Posts or threads that have been deleted are when they become pissing contests and posters calling each other names like morons, s, stupid, etc. Also, some threads have been deleted that say nothing but just rile folks up, like things look bad for Bernie. Threads calling the accusers names haven't been deleted and you can fine 100's of them. If we deleted all of them there would be no threads. I don't agree with calling them names like I have stated many times, but it is different than calling another poster names.
My point was that there have been threads with what seemed to be legit info that were deleted after 9 posts (guessing for good reason) and then others go on forever with no redeeming qualities.

Unfortunately I caught a few of the former so I am just being grumpy, I realize you don't have it easy being a mod and I respect that.

They went to a Syracuse football game 9 days after going to ESPN with their allegations against the Syracuse assistant basketball coach. Uhhhh sorry but the title of this thread is perfectly fitting.

I find it kind of strange that these two would publically attend an SU sporting event given the ongoing investigation. If it were me, I'd want to keep a very low profile.
With regard to JB's future if Bernie is arrested. I think its pretty simple, activists will be all over him for jumping to conclusions regarding the defendents and they will say "people don't like to come forward in these kind of cases because people like you call them liars." It will make it difficult for JB to avoid the types of questions and could result in more protests. It will change the environment in which he works and puts the university in a bad position of having to defend and support JB's remarks by keeping him as coach.

Additionally, it probably kills JB's immediate opportunity to join the broadcast booth upon retirement, given that they expect their employees not to make remarks that can be construed on insensitive.

Agree with the sentiment of your first paragraph. Unless Bernie comes out of this whole thing smelling like a rose (unlikely at this point), then I expect this will be JB’s last season. It was soon to happen anyway.

If the investigation turns ugly, then he could be gone sooner (probably self imposed). I think more for the reason that he should have known, than for his spirited defense of Bernie. Please also note that if it turns ugly, it could mean trouble for Hopkins as well. He’s been around Bernie almost as long.

As for your second paragraph, I totally disagree, in fact I think the opposite. The media love intemperate “color” commentators. Only when they totally screw up, like Jimmy the Greek and Rush Limbaugh are they shown the door. Or if they become a little too lewd, like Marv Albert, will they be sent packing - reluctantly. In IMHO the present controversy makes JB an even more attractive candidate. Other "controversial" characters – Cosell, Madden, McGuire. Vitale. Knight, Garagiola, Meredith – to name a few.

Agree with the sentiment of your first paragraph. Unless Bernie comes out of this whole thing smelling like a rose (unlikely at this point), then I expect this will be JB’s last season. It was soon to happen anyway.

If the investigation turns ugly, then he could be gone sooner (probably self imposed). I think more for the reason that he should have known, than for his spirited defense of Bernie. Please also note that if it turns ugly, it could mean trouble for Hopkins as well. He’s been around Bernie almost as long.

As for your second paragraph, I totally disagree, in fact I think the opposite. The media love intemperate “color” commentators. Only when they totally screw up, like Jimmy the Greek and Rush Limbaugh are they shown the door. Or if they become a little too lewd, like Marv Albert, will they be sent packing - reluctantly. In IMHO the present controversy makes JB an even more attractive candidate. Other "controversial" characters – Cosell, Madden, McGuire. Vitale. Knight, Garagiola, Meredith – to name a few.

I'll pretend I didn't read this post. Is the sky falling where you are? Do you live in State College, PA? My Lord.

I don't know the person who posted this, but seems like a "I saw a guy that looks like Davis at the game. Let's post it online and say it was them!" Now if the photo included the guy that looks like Lang, I might think it's actually them.

Agree.
No way JB gets off with a "heartfelt apology" at this point- that won't be enough to keep the PC Police at bay. Cantor will likely move fast to disassociate from his statements, should the very worst happen w/ Bernie, & I'd expect a resignation to follow.
Best case scenario might be an apology, followed by a suspension issued by the school. A few games to let cooler heads prevail, & maybe come back after time served.
If this thing goes bad, JB is definitely looking at an early, forced retirement.

They probably went to the game HOPING they would get terrible treatment so they could trump up a lawsuit. Saying they went to the game, fans were mean to them and yelling at them, SU security did nothing to aid them, causing more trauma in their life.

There is no good reason for them to be there.

Per TNIAAM:

Both Mike Lang and Bobby Davis were sitting in front of me at the Cincy game today. For a pair of guys that have only talked a few times in the past 10 years, I thought it was quite strange to be together at the game. Also, I didn't understand why they would be there to support Syracuse if something from that place supposedly took so much away from their lives.

They both left at halftime and didn't come back. They were there with 4 other males.

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2011/11/26/2588428/fine-accusers-at-cincy-game

Mark me down as one who does not see Lang or Davis in the photo. Maybe Retro or someone who knew/knows these guys can verify?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom