Dungey's Stats | Syracusefan.com

Dungey's Stats

MikeSU02

Living Legend
Just a note, Dungey is now at 810 passing yards, with 9 TDs and 1 Int. Plus 222 rushing yards and another 3 TDs.

This in what's really about 4.5 games.

I know we can get into a deep analysis of his output, but regardless of what happens this year, assuming he doesn't get his head knocked off, we have real stability at the QB position for the next few years.

To put this in (one) perspective. McNabb's full output his frosh year was 1991 yards, 16 TDs and 6 INTs and 261 rushing yards and 2 TDs.

He's obviously not McNabb, but I'm excited.

Just a note, Dungey is now at 810 passing yards, with 9 TDs and 1 Int. Plus 222 rushing yards and another 3 TDs.

I know we can get into a deep analysis of his output, but regardless of what happens this year, assuming he doesn't get his head knocked off, we have real stability at the QB position for the next few years.

To put this in (one) perspective. McNabb's full output his frosh year was 1991 yards, 16 TDs and 6 INTs and 261 rushing yards and 2 TDs.

But we dont have the supporting cast McNabb did on the OL and D Secondary

But we dont have the supporting cast McNabb did on the OL and D Secondary

The line play was uneven during McNabb's tenure, but I'm in total agreement that the talent was much better (obviously).

But with McNabb, we had an outside shot at a title and were always expected to be in it for the conference title.

We're just looking for consistent qualification for bowl games now.

I'd like to see Dungey get to 2000 passing yards and 20 TD passes.

I'd like to see two things from Dungey. 10-15 pounds of muscle added (obviously this will be a long term goal) and I'd like to see him use good judgment in deciding when to go Riley Dixon mode and when to slide. He has to understand that Dixon does things that mortals should not, at least on a regular basis.

E: For clarification I'm fine with his play to score the touchdown, but I'd like to see him be more cautious on say a 3rd and long play in the middle of the field in the 3rd quarter.

I'd like to see two things from Dungey. 10-15 pounds of muscle added (obviously this will be a long term goal) and I'd like to see him use good judgment in deciding when to go Riley Dixon mode and when to slide. He has to understand that Dixon does things that mortals should not, at least on a regular basis.

Agreed. It's ok to give up the final one third of a yard to either step out of bounds or slide.

I appreciate his effort, but we need him upright.

I also agree that Riley Dixon is a superhero.

The Dungey factor makes waking up on a Sunday after a tough loss a bit more palatable. Add in Strickland, Fredericks, Irv etc and I think we got something here. Young teams are going to lose close games, especially on the road. They sting, but this year does feel like we have some hope for the next few years. The remainder of this season is hopefully about winning a couple of more games and developing our younger players for a potentially good season next year.

The Dungey factor makes waking up on a Sunday after a tough loss a bit more palatable. Add in Strickland, Fredericks, Irv etc and I think we got something here. Young teams are going to lose close games, especially on the road. They sting, but this year does feel like we have some hope for the next few years. The remainder of this season is hopefully about winning a couple of more games and developing our younger players for a potentially good season next year.

agreed. I was telling myself yesterday when I had that sinking feeling settling in "next year and the year after, that's what I need to be patient for."