Dungy just threw Babers under the bus. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Dungy just threw Babers under the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shrader shouldn’t be judged right now as if he’s healthy. He’s not. When he ran 25 times against Purdue and did whatever it took to win that game, willed his team to win, that’s a healthy Shrader.

This is a 60% Shrader maybe and he’s stuck behind a garbage OL. That’s a larger indictment of our backup QB’s than Shrader.

I don’t blame Shrader right now. I blame Dino and his staff for consistently having weak OL 2 deeps with little quality depth and weak QB depth charts. We have not had a single consistent QB backup capable of winning games during Dino’s tenure except DeVito as a RF in 2018. Think about that. The next best thing was Mahoney who was a walk-on.

Has he been told not to run after that hit against Clemson?

Well last year in the P5 there was Bryan Hardin (Auburn), Scott Frost (Nebraska); Karl Dorrell (Colorado); Geoff Collins (Georgia Tech); Herm Edwards (Arizona State); and Paul Chryst (Wisconsin). Certainly not the norm but also not unheard of either.

That's a brutal thing to do, appropriate only when there's some kind of scandal or team rebellion. But I wouldn't waste much time after the season.

Dino almost ruined DeVito. Shafer played with 4th string QBs. It's not the same. Grob got a longer leash than Shafer and Shafer won a bowl game. Shafer got screwed.
People were quite happy when Scott was canned.

I really liked the time he threw that int at BC and went and threw the guy into the stands and fought about 5 other guys? That was epic. Dungey was like Wyatt Earp in Tombstone, "Have you seen anybody do anything like that"?, "I never even heard of anybody doing things like that".

Except for the hundreds of millions spent in facilities. If they truly wanted to do that, they wouldn’t be making some of these decisions. I don’t buy it. We’re building a new football only operations center and a new weightlifting facility. It’s not consistent with that. They may not want to compete for a National Title but they can’t give up on football with what they’re spending. That would be even dumber.
They are not building them. They raised the money from donations.

I've been saying this for years. Dino owes Dungey and Shafer millions at this point. He won with the other guys players on offense. That's a fact. The offense has been a dumpster fire since Shafer's/Lester's recruits graduated. Fact

Shafer left in 2015, and we were good in 2018….

Shafer didn’t recruit many of those guys.

Dino almost ruined DeVito. Shafer played with 4th string QBs. It's not the same. Grob got a longer leash than Shafer and Shafer won a bowl game. Shafer got screwed.

Happens all the time when there’s a new AD.

Weird that no one else wanted to hire him as a HC.

Yeah, yeah, whatever, really bold claim when you know Dungey would catch it before it hit you.

IMG_1443.gif

It is the truth though, you have to give Shaf most of the credit. Those were mostly his guys. At least the biggest pieces were.
Yea too bad he couldn’t coach a lick. Even his defenses at MTSU are getting their teeth kicked in on a weekly basis. It was the right combination of some good recruits with Sean Lewis calling plays. I highly doubt the outcome would have been the same in 2018 if Shafer were the HC

Except for the hundreds of millions spent in facilities. If they truly wanted to do that, they wouldn’t be making some of these decisions. I don’t buy it. We’re building a new football only operations center and a new weightlifting facility. It’s not consistent with that. They may not want to compete for a National Title but they can’t give up on football with what they’re spending. That would be even dumber.
All of this is just catch up though. We’re always behind. Before it was facilities and now it’s NIL. We’re not serious and it starts at the very very top. If we are serious about football Babers will be fired after we lose Friday to BC.

Nope. Shafer would have been fine if not playing with his freaking 4th string QB. Tired of the BS. Did you want P fired for Grob and the WCO too? There is a contingent of fans around here that think we have to be some kind of air raid blabity blah blah offense to win here. We win when we play P/Marrone/Shafer ball. I'm so over these guys and their fancy ass schemes and close your eyes, and imagine this. We need a coach who wants to punch someone in the mouth. Not make Kumbaya speeches. Zero success? Shafer went to and won a bowl in his first year. Decimiated by injuries after. We've seen Dino leave guys in just like Shafer did. Happens ALL THE TIME!
we weren’t going anywhere with our pint sized secondary. Some of the defensive players Shafer trotted out there were G5 at best

Yea too bad he couldn’t coach a lick. Even his defenses at MTSU are getting their teeth kicked in on a weekly basis. It was the right combination of some good recruits with Sean Lewis calling plays. I highly doubt the outcome would have been the same in 2018 if Shafer were the HC
His MTSU defense with Sunbelt recruits that beat us you mean? Shafer's defenses were great at Syracuse. So he couldn't coach offense. Ok. Neither can Babers.

The offensive guru coach we hired can't recruit or scheme an offense and people still refuse to even credit Shafer with the staff that recruited the best offensive players we've had in a decade that Babers benefited from. Lol

The offensive guru coach we hired can't recruit or scheme an offense and people still refuse to even credit Shafer with the staff that recruited the best offensive players we've had in a decade that Babers benefited from. Lol
We’ve had 1 really good season in a combined 11 seasons of those guys.

Nobody really deserves much credit for anything. *shrug*

We’ve had 1 really good season in a combined 11 seasons of those guys.

Nobody really deserves much credit for anything. *shrug*
Yeah we shouldn't give any credit to the guy who had 2.5 recruiting classes to identify 7/11 starters from the best offense we've had in a 20+ years...

I've never been a fan of the "he won with the other guy's players" argument. Coach P went 20-4 his first two years with guys Coach Mac had gone 15-8-2 with the two years before that. Dino went 10-3 in his third year with guys who never went 10-3 before.
Because the players were older with more experience.

Shafer left in 2015, and we were good in 2018….

Shafer didn’t recruit many of those guys.
You're wrong as I already stated in a previous post you ignored I guess but do you. I'm not saying Shafer was the answer as HC at Syracuse but I give him a lot more credit for his time as a coach here than I do Babers. Both weren't the right fit but we don't win bowl games during Marrone without him and we don't win 10 games in 2018 without his recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom