Dwayne Haskins | Syracusefan.com

Dwayne Haskins

Tweet got deleted.

Tweet got deleted.

Schefter "reworded" it

Original said "Dwayne Haskins, a standout at Ohio State before struggling to catch on with Washington and Pittsburgh in the NFL, died this morning when he got hit by a car in South Florida, per his agent Cedric Saunders. Haskins would have turned 25 years old on May 3."

Was he a pedestrian when he was hit or was he also in a car?

Wow -- no connection whatsoever to Haskins [although I think SU may have recruited him at one time], but what a tragedy.

24... damn.

Edit-- the article indicates that he was walking on a highway when he got hit. What the heck...?

I-595 is Broward County

Out for a run?

I’ve been forced to cross some sketchy roads in my years of running and traveling. When you’re in an unfamiliar place, you occasionally get yourself in situations you’d never do at home.

Sad story.

Is it possible that his car broke down and he was hit in a similar situation as the accident with Boeheim? Regardless, incredibly sad situation.

Is it possible that his car broke down and he was hit in a similar situation as the accident with Boeheim? Regardless, incredibly sad situation.

Sadly i hope this was just an accident. He had really struggled once he got to the league and didn't have success. Just tragic all the way around..

Hit by a dump truck while crossing a multi-lane interstate 595 Fort Lauderdale.

Gil should have retired long ago. Just really unbelievable that he would think this was the right time to have an opinion. Just awful, Gil.

That said the social media mob are no better than he is. They took something that never would have made it back to the family and blew up into a huge story. Their "outrage" did nothing to help the family and only made it worse so they could up their social media clout.

Social Media has made the world a worse place.

Gil should have retired long ago. Just really unbelievable that he would think this was the right time to have an opinion. Just awful, Gil.

That said the social media mob are no better than he is. They took something that never would have made it back to the family and blew up into a huge story. Their "outrage" did nothing to help the family and only made it worse so they could up their social media clout.

Social Media has made the world a worse place.

Your last sentence is key. It's also way too far integrated to do anything about it but it still should be neutered. It's toxic.