EASY DOME FIXER UPPER: Install a State-of-the art LED video ribbon | Syracusefan.com

EASY DOME FIXER UPPER: Install a State-of-the art LED video ribbon

it's been discussed and believed to be happening before the football season starts.

I just felt like posting as my computer says 4:44

it's been discussed and believed to be happening before the football season starts.

I just felt like posting as my computer says 4:44

ebb22674_not-sure-if-serious.jpg

I have said they need this for years. Glad to see it finally getting done.

Just curious. How does this new ribbon help us? Is the major benefit an increase in revenue from advertising or do some believe this really improves the fan experience? For me, as a season ticket holder, watching the game, it's sort of a yawner but I certainly hope it helps the program with increased revenue.

Instalation will start next month!! The ugly orange stuff has already been taken down!!

depserately needed and to more importantly get that orange construction paper crap off.

Just curious. How does this new ribbon help us? Is the major benefit an increase in revenue from advertising or do some believe this really improves the fan experience? For me, as a season ticket holder, watching the game, it's sort of a yawner but I certainly hope it helps the program with increased revenue.

It's going to do wonders to make the Dome look more modern. Add video boards stretching above both endzones and it'll do even more.

Something like this, but a bit smaller...
gd-herron.jpg

It's going to do wonders to make the Dome look more modern. Add video boards stretching above both endzones and it'll do even more.

Something like this, but a bit smaller...
gd-herron.jpg

What the hell are all those things in the end zone?!?!

Oh, right, it's people.

We should get some of them too.

Big time revenue generator for advertising. Will also be nice to run statistics and out of town scores for fan experience.

Big time revenue generator for advertising. Will also be nice to run statistics and out of town scores for fan experience.
Thanks. Good to know it will bring much-needed revenue to the programs.

Can someone explain the fascination with out of town scores to me?

Do people not have smartphones to look these things up on their own? Is the cell coverage in the Dome that bad?

Do people not have smartphones to look these things up on their own? Is the cell coverage in the Dome that bad?
Yes, the cell coverage in the Dome is horrendous. I can't even get Syracuse real time stats never mind out of town games.

And who doesn't like to at least be able to see what the scores of teams in our conference are? It's just more convenient.

Yes, the cell coverage in the Dome is horrendous. I can't even get Syracuse real time stats never mind out of town games.

And who doesn't like to at least be able to see what the scores of teams in our conference are? It's just more convenient.

OK, fair enough. It must really be bad, I haven't been up for a game in a couple years. MSG, Gillette, Fenway, Yankee Stadium all have decent enough service to at least get on ScoreCenter.

It's terrible. Something needs to be done about it.

OK, fair enough. It must really be bad, I haven't been up for a game in a couple years. MSG, Gillette, Fenway, Yankee Stadium all have decent enough service to at least get on ScoreCenter.

I'm pretty sure some of the Cell companies put mobile cell towers up there. Problem is that many people all requesting data access. The free wifi at the dome is bad too. Nothing like trying to view Pron, wait i mean the SU game stats at a snails pace.

I have said they need this for years. Glad to see it finally getting done.

I was a big fan of ribbons all the way back to Archbold.

cell phone coverage is a pretty easy thing to fix, dont know why it hasnt been done before.. 20-50 thousand people 30 times a year is well worth getting it resolved.

I have almost zero access to info on my iPhone in the dome. It's basically useless.

Same here. I no longer even try to get access in the Dome.

I'm fine with people not staring at their phones all game (though they still do, so reception can't be too bad) - you are at a sporting event after all pay attention to the field and get loud.

I'm fine with people not staring at their phones all game (though they still do, so reception can't be too bad) - you are at a sporting event after all pay attention to the field and get loud.
I'm not on facebook...and I'd agree if the Dome had video boards that displayed stats, full rosters, schedules, out of town scores, and reactions from this board.

TV, Radio, Cell service is always squirrely around the University...as for out of town scores...yes lots of people have smart phones but it is nicer to see the scores on a board than sticking your nose in a tiny 4" screen.

Just curious. How does this new ribbon help us? ...do some believe this really improves the fan experience? For me... it's sort of a yawner

Looks like someone doesn't want to wear the ribbon...

You must wear the ribbon!