Ed Cooley and Providence | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Ed Cooley and Providence

JB to John Wallace and a bunch of other guys to a FF.
Not sure if I'm understanding what you are saying. Boeheim's teams' first decade of post-season performance doesn't stand up to that of Pitino (in a general career trajectory sense); one stayed put, and the other left town for any new improved opportunity.

And on top of it, he pretty much turned Donovan into the player he was. Pitino took the job before his JR year, at which point he had been a bench player averaging like 3 points his first 2 years. The way I remember it, he wanted to transfer, Pitino made some calls, but nobody would take him. He said we're stuck with each other, so lets get you in the best shape of your life and see what happens.
And I must apologize to Billy Donovan.

I referred to him as a great shooting guard...which he was.
But I looked up his stats.
He also averaged 7.1 assists a game!

He was a great all-around guard.

Gotta say this about the guy...no one gets more out of the talent he has.
Back at Providence he took a team with one great shooting guard (Billy Donovan) and a bunch of bangers to the Final 4.
Kinda but not really. Yes Donovan was a great shooter, but he was a point guard and Delray Brooks and Pop Lewis were far from bangers. They were essentially a 3G offense with 3 shooters and the big center from Syracuse Steve Wright (Fowler?).

Not sure if I'm understanding what you are saying. Boeheim's teams' first decade of post-season performance doesn't stand up to that of Pitino (in a general career trajectory sense); one stayed put, and the other left town for any new improved opportunity.
JB can take a group of also rans and one star and get to a final four as well

Last edited:
Kinda but not really. Yes Donovan was a great shooter, but he was a point guard and Delray Brooks and Pop Lewis were far from bangers. They were essentially a 3G offense with 3 shooters and the big center from Syracuse Steve Wright (Fowler?).
Marty Conlan - the original stretch 4 ha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom