Edwards and Smith question | Syracusefan.com

Edwards and Smith question

Orange Lotus

Walk On
If Gus Edwards is lured away and Laray Smith decides on some other school, how big of a loss is this for the Orange?

If Gus Edwards is lured away and Laray Smith decides on some other school, how big of a loss is this for the Orange?

RB is the least important position.

For the most part, a dime a dozen.

If Laray Smith decides on another school, you can expect that Cali will lose his mind. Further, I mean. :bat: :bat::bat:

As far the RBs we have now are concerned, we do have a good group but I disagree on one aspect ATL. I think what happens in our running game is going to play a huge role in next year team's success. We will have two major unanswered questions going into the first game; which untested QB will take the snap from under center and what effect the loss of Pugh from the O-line/who will replace him, will have on the offensive performance? Nothing helps more in this situation than a solid running game. We seem to have at the very minimum a workable group of receivers but time is required for them to run routes and QB to get the ball to them.

I feel we are deep at the position but it always hurts to lose what could be a couple impact players no matter where they play.

no big loss in terms of needing more RB's but the continuity to keep the NYC pipeline going is extremely important.

It hurts because they're both NYC guys and we're trying to make NYC ours. Edwards hurts because both of our big RB's are upperclassmen. Smith hurts because he's the fastest guy we've had a chance at in a very long time.

Have some faith, these kids want to play at Syracuse. Gus committed early which is always a good sign he liked the program for the right reasons.

There are too many twitter jerk *ffs sending messages are creating smoke. HCSS will call/contact everyone tomorrow and we might be pleasantly surprised. Ebo has turned negative on CUSE faithful since his all mighty commitment. Wish the kid the best, but he was not very understanding of the letdown he created for our fan-base. Perhaps a negative sway for them.

Back to Gus, he is close to his family and I am sure they want to see his games. Academically, non of those "new" schools can hold our jock straps. From everything I have seen/read, that matters!

Smith has liked us all along as well. Syracuse is "cool" again in the city which means we have some real street cred.

Losing the Bronx born coach and some of the assistants will hurt short term, but the new foundation is set and the success of our NYC players is real and tangible.

If we lose those two, will be a negative, BUT we will recover.

Let's just make sure we hire good recruiters that have ties to NYC and Florida.

Go Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom