Edwards. . . . . | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Edwards. . . . .

Not much evidence about “doesn’t matter” if you mean a point in a lost season. JB has always had his teams in contention for post-season (bubble or NIT), except in the probation years. Even then, he leaned heavily on his short rotation, trying to win each game.
If Edwards is going to play more, he needs to show he deserves more by his play this season.

Don’t disagree but I remember Hak getting a shot and breaking out in a big way in the NIT in ‘02. An underrated part of the ‘03 title.

I agree. For as much as JB is getting beat up on this board he has never had a season reach a "doesnt matter" point because of exactly your point, hes always been in contention. IMHO this is going to be the first year that this has a very real shot of occurring, hence the "doesnt matter" possibility.
You cannot begin to understand JB if you ever believe he would get to "doesn't matter" :rolleyes:

I’ve been super impressed with Edwards’ offensive game. He can catch, finish and can actually get up to throw down some strong dunks. He’s not like what we’ve had at C, guys that’s can barely jump and move laterally. He has the feel that you ask for in a big man and seems to know how to score when he gets it.

The problem is he is soooooo weak and really can’t handle heavy minutes because of his defensive liabilities. He just gets bodied out of the way and out of position. I guess it’s lucky for him that Sid/Marek aren’t a whole lot better on D so hopefully he’ll start getting non-garbage time minutes. If he can get stronger in his lower half and learn Defensive positioning, I think he could be a legit asset. Might even have some shot blocking ability.

edwards could be the next herm harried. and people will ask"who's herm harried" he was a damn good back up.

Herm had the longest fingers I've ever seen. The ball was like a softball to him. Unfortunately, his game was similar to Guerrier's at this time: a bull in a China shop. He'd charge into 2-3 players at once. Edwards is smooth. Harried was never smooth.

Maybe Edwards could play at the 4. He has a nice touch on short jump/set shots and moves well without the ball. On defense he may be a little slow getting to the shooter but his length would make up for that somewhat.

Get him to the buffet this offseason. 20 more lbs on him and he'll be pushing to split the mins with Sidibe.

Get him to the buffet this offseason. 20 more lbs on him and he'll be pushing to split the mins with Sidibe.
Before the offseason. Get him up to 238 by mid-april.

Herm had the longest fingers I've ever seen. The ball was like a softball to him. Unfortunately, his game was similar to Guerrier's at this time: a bull in a China shop. He'd charge into 2-3 players at once. Edwards is smooth. Harried was never smooth.
herm returned home to maryland and guided his old high school to to several titles. THAT'S SMOOTH.

I hate cultural/racial pandering, but...Shoofly pie and Grolsch. Stat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom