Elephant in the room… | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Elephant in the room…

Nonsense. No CEO know how to do every job. That's why you hire really good people and let them do their jobs with perhaps some oversight.
You changed what I said so you could make a stupid point. I said I expect the head coach to do the whole job. Singular. The head coach job. Not that he knows how to do every job in the building.

My eye tells me our run game is better when nixon and Allen are complementing each other.

I liked that we ran some 2 back sets, which were generally successful.

We have cut way down on penalties. We're around 40th in the nation, averaging 6 penalties for 55 yards a game.

We are also 3rd in the nation in passing offense. This team is the best we've had since 2012, and still has a lot of room to get even better.
Good post. Spot on

We have cut way down on penalties. We're around 40th in the nation, averaging 6 penalties for 55 yards a game.

We are also 3rd in the nation in passing offense. This team is the best we've had since 2012, and still has a lot of room to get even better.
This team has the best QB Syracuse, and one of the softest pass defense schedules, that we have seen in a long time.

So far Syracuse has played the #124 passing defense (Stanford), #98 (Ohio), #90 (Georgia), and Holy cross. It really isn't much of a Suprise that the offensive numbers are what they are through the air. The offense will likely continue to look good as 4 of the next 5 games are against opponents in the bottom 50% of the FBS with UNLV (#88), NC State (#92), Pittsburgh (#93), BC (#75).

That being said, eventually they will get figured out and will need to get some sort of running attack but the woeful performance in that department against the might crusaders does not exactly inspire confidence.

This team has the best QB Syracuse, and one of the softest pass defense schedules, that we have seen in a long time.

So far Syracuse has played the #124 passing defense (Stanford), #98 (Ohio), #90 (Georgia), and Holy cross. It really isn't much of a Suprise that the offensive numbers are what they are through the air. The offense will likely continue to look good as 4 of the next 5 games are against opponents in the bottom 50% of the FBS with UNLV (#88), NC State (#92), Pittsburgh (#93), BC (#75).

That being said, eventually they will get figured out and will need to get some sort of running attack but the woeful performance in that department against the might crusaders does not exactly inspire confidence.
Their rankings in ypp offense and defense predict a 7-5, 8-4 season

Season depends on keeping McCord in one piece

Woeful? The running backs netted 148 yds on 28 carriers. That’s fine.

Their rankings in ypp offense and defense predict a 7-5, 8-4 season

Season depends on keeping McCord in one piece

If they kept those numbers through the season they would probably be 27th on offense and 50th on defense. 7-5 would be underperforming

Did I say it was stellar? 150 yd on 28 carries is fine in any context. Not, great, not woeful, just fine.
It’s woeful against freaking holy cross… 150 would be fine against Ohio, not against a horrible FCS team.

If they kept those numbers through the season they would probably be 27th on offense and 50th on defense. 7-5 would be underperforming
I assume the numbers go down because Ohio and Holy Cross are bad but other teams also played bad teams. But yeah, if we do better per okay relative to everyone else, out record should also be better

I don't remember exactly what it was but the combined ranking of offense and defense ypp was somewhere in the forties. Pretty much here than 2/3 of the 130 something teams

Kicking could hurt us

if you run 20x for 100 yds 5 ypc thats pretty solid

but if you run 5x20 and 15x0 does it still make it pretty solid?

vs HC 2/2/-1/8 on the first 2 drives then 4/3/7/8/-2 when nixon came in

drive 4 1 yd
drive 5 8/7/7/6
drive 6 no runs

we are so all over the place.

4 drives we did nothing running. one with nixon we did well and one with Allen but we took a sack that drive that killed it.

with our offense every time we run for 3-4+ its a win because we can complete short passes to extend drives. And while we do pretty good in the 3rd and 7-10 plays you cant live on that vs better teams

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom