Eleven Closed Practices | Syracusefan.com

Eleven Closed Practices

I'll give him a pass as a year one head coach, heading into year one of the ACC. It'd be nice if this isn't a trend, though.

Three open, I thought I read somewhere that HCSS was going to make the program more accessible to the fans?

http://www.suathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=football&schedule=220

Well, here's the question -- will he actually do interviews after practices? I don't care too much if they don't want everything revealed (I remain convinced that football coaches are way too paranoid, but whatever), but it's at least nice to know a bit of information in regard to depth chart movement or guys who've looked good, etc.

Either way, I guess that would make four more open practices than last year, right?

What's the norm now with spring practices? Most of the schools I hear about close them.

Settle down skippy, about 90% of college coaches close practices completely until scrimmages or spring games. I personally don't care if they keep winning.

To be fair, there's a difference between closing practices and trying to throw a black tarp over the entire program for 8 months a year. Most practices are closed, but very few schools actively ask their fans to ignore their program until the games begin in September.

To be fair, there's a difference between closing practices and trying to throw a black tarp over the entire program for 8 months a year. Most practices are closed, but very few schools actively ask their fans to ignore their program until the games begin in September.
What schools ask their fans to ignore their program until September?

How has SU asked fans to ignore the program? In the off season most fans do exactly as we do, speculate about things we know very little about until the spring game because they don't see practices either. Our coaching staff, present and prior, are not any different than most others.

What schools ask their fans to ignore their program until September?

I was speaking of DM not doing any spring pressers or allowing media at practice for even 15 mins, cancelling the signing day events, etc. That's essentially saying "Hey! Stop looking at us!!"

I was speaking of DM not doing any spring pressers or allowing media at practice for even 15 mins, cancelling the signing day events, etc. That's essentially saying "Hey! Stop looking at us!!"
Are you talking about last year of this year? So far, this year is already different. I think Shafer has already said he would do things differently in this area.

Are you talking about last year of this year? So far, this year is already different. I think Shafer has already said he would do things differently in this area.

Yeah -- referring to DM. SS seems very different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom