Eligibility questions | Syracusefan.com

Eligibility questions

SBU72

All Conference
1st, Why does the NCAA allow a player to be a 5th year grad student at another school but not the one he played at originally? 2nd somebody mentioned the 4 kids who left and part of the reason was to get to the NCAA mandated scholarship limit. Could Johnson have stayed and redshirted and have his scholarship not count towards the limit?

1st, Why does the NCAA allow a player to be a 5th year grad student at another school but not the one he played at originally? 2nd somebody mentioned the 4 kids who left and part of the reason was to get to the NCAA mandated scholarship limit. Could Johnson have stayed and redshirted and have his scholarship not count towards the limit?

You can be a 5th year grad student at your original school ... see Gbinije and Cooney.

Every player on scholarship counts towards the limit ... even players who are redshirting.

You can be a 5th year grad student at your original school ... see Gbinije and Cooney.

Every player on scholarship counts towards the limit ... even players who are redshirting.
I guess I misunderstood. Thought it meant a 5th year playing, not eligibility.

I guess I misunderstood. Thought it meant a 5th year playing, not eligibility.

You're only allowed to play 4 seasons within a 5 year window.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom