Elijah Hughes ACC POY | Syracusefan.com

Elijah Hughes ACC POY

I agree. He has really elevated his all around game. He's the only guy we have who can put the ball on the floor, I would like to see him handle the ball more, and shoot even more.

Girard has playmaking instincts but he is physically limited. I like JG3, but he is really a secondary ball handler at best at this point. Against any team that plays halfway decent man, I think Hughes has to be the primary ballhandler. And he's capable of that, he generally makes good decisions with the ball.

The offense did well against North Florida's zone. We can execute zone offense just fine with Marek in the high post. But if you can't put the ball on the floor and turn the corner against man defense, you're dead in the water. Outside of our horrific rebounding, that is our biggest concern, I think.

Don't see it. Next year maybe. This thread doesn't get made if Anthony doesn't get hurt and the top schools have a couple guys each ahead of him.

We also haven't played any real marquee OOC games Duke/UNC/Ville all have.

A Boston College player won it once.

Derryck Thornton (at BC via Duke and USC) could win it this year.

I would not pay attention to a few ugly losses for BC out of nowhere they have legit talent and don't have to play scrubs like Herrens kid anymore.

I’m still triggered Grayson and Jaron Blossomgame made first team All-ACC over Gbinije in 2016. Travesty.

We were 9-9 with 9 teams ahead of us in the ACC standings. One of which was Clemson.

We were 9-9 with 9 teams ahead of us in the ACC standings. One of which was Clemson.

Not to pull the JB GMac line, but without him we win about 3 ACC games and 10 overall. He had a great season and dominated in the Battle 4 Atlantis.

I reckon that being it's supposedly a very down year for the ACC that he might have an outside shot.

But honestly, when we first read about the dude, who would have thought anyone(even TrueBlue or Mantonio lol) could even comprehend making such a thread?!? The guy was a gift, imagine this season without him.

If I was him, I would grad transfer to UK or KU next year and get some major major exposure

Don't see it. Next year maybe. This thread doesn't get made if Anthony doesn't get hurt and the top schools have a couple guys each ahead of him.

We also haven't played any real marquee OOC games Duke/UNC/Ville all have.
20/4.5/4.5 is impressive, and I have faith he can keep it up vs the core ACC teams. UVA was just awful for everyone. I’d have made this thread regardless.

Unless something happens to one of them, Nwora will be MVP and Carey Jr. will be freshman of the year.

Too much pre-season hype to overcome.

Unless something happens to one of them, Nwora will be MVP and Carey Jr. will be freshman of the year.

Too much pre-season hype to overcome.
If Elijah Hughes gets us into March, with a deeper ACC tourney run, he will garner considerable attention.

If Elijah Hughes gets us into March, with a deeper ACC tourney run, he will garner considerable attention.

I believe it’s a regular season award only. ACC tournament doesn’t count.

If I was him, I would grad transfer to UK or KU next year and get some major major exposure
We play on an ESPN network (not counting ACCN for national exposure reasons) 11 times in conference play and Reid Travis who made that move from Stanford to Kentucky last year failed to stand out and went undrafted.

We can still be a tournament team this year and I think it’s reasonable to expect to be next year. I would argue that being head and shoulders the best player on a team that isn’t Kentucky or Kansas is better than being a grad transfer in a much smaller role on one of those teams. If you have league talent the NBA will find you, but I don’t even think that narrative fits to Cuse because we’re consistently on national tv.

I think the only way Eli leaves is to go pro and chase the bag

I believe it’s a regular season award only. ACC tournament doesn’t count.
Thats fine, if hell frees over/Davante Gardener’s start to fly and we have 18/19 wins before the ACC tourney slap the player of the year honors on him.

We play on an ESPN network (not counting ACCN for national exposure reasons) 11 times in conference play and Reid Travis who made that move from Stanford to Kentucky last year failed to stand out and went undrafted.

We can still be a tournament team this year and I think it’s reasonable to expect to be next year. I would argue that being head and shoulders the best player on a team that isn’t Kentucky or Kansas is better than being a grad transfer in a much smaller role on one of those teams. If you have league talent the NBA will find you, but I don’t even think that narrative fits to Cuse because we’re consistently on national tv.

I think the only way Eli leaves is to go pro and chase the bag
You’re in denial if you dont think the UK/Duke/KU powerhouse programs get better exposure and get kids drafted and put in the league, sometimes over more talented people.
Paging Daniel Orton and someone how Amille Jefferson is still in the nba

You’re in denial if you dont think the UK/Duke/KU powerhouse programs get better exposure and get kids drafted and put in the league, sometimes over more talented people.
Paging Daniel Orton and someone how Amille Jefferson is still in the nba

I'm not disagreeing with you but it could also be poor scouting.

The exposure part is key with building a household name and drafting known names I'm sure is a plus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom