Elijah Hughes on Packer & Durham at 9:30 today | Syracusefan.com

Elijah Hughes on Packer & Durham at 9:30 today

I'm sure Elijah is a good kid, and he is an excellent, excellent player, but man ...that interview was so dry.

With the exception of Buddy, it seems like every Syracuse basketball player--present and past--lacks all personality in interviews. They just give the direct, low-key response and get on to the next question.

Feel so bad for interviewers trying to pry anything out of them.

Anyways ...thanks Elijah for everything you've done!

I'm sure Elijah is a good kid, and he is an excellent, excellent player, but man ...that interview was so dry.

With the exception of Buddy, it seems like every Syracuse basketball player--present and past--lacks all personality in interviews. They just give the direct, low-key response and get on to the next question.

Wow. Harsh. Every single one?

So many athletes give wince-worthy interviews. I have no problem with well-mannered, thoughtfulness versus “entertaining” interviews, which would lead a trail of threads on how Boeheim has no control over the kids.

He was fine

What in the world would compel you to put that into print on a public forum?

Jeez

It was most definitely missing a little bit of Arsenio, paired with a lock her up chant and missing a little GFYS San Diego. Otherwise it was perfect as a well spoken SU student athlete repped well.

What in the world would compel you to put that into print on a public forum?

Jeez
Just making conversation. I knew it wouldn't be a popular opinion. Wonder if the coaching staff has these guys wound so tight (so they don't give much away) they don't feel free to be themselves. I've always wondered about this. Most times it seems like a direct response, generic answer only.
Oh well. Glad Cuse was highlighted anyway

Got my snow removal done just in time to catch the replay at 12:30. I thought it was fine. However, he could have been a little more diplomatic about who on the team has the longest range, that was a perfect time for a little ribbing.

Hey, not everybody has a great personality like me along with the gift of gab :);):);)

Just making conversation. I knew it wouldn't be a popular opinion. Wonder if the coaching staff has these guys wound so tight (so they don't give much away) they don't feel free to be themselves. I've always wondered about this. Most times it seems like a direct response, generic answer only.
Oh well. Glad Cuse was highlighted anyway
Off the top of my head, I have found Quincy to be an engaging and interesting interview. Unusual for a freshman. Especially given he is doing them in his second language.

I think Bol Ajak is an interesting guy and has been very quotable in his interviews.

Marek has had some good interviews. I think he has come off well, and vastly better now than when he was a frosh.

Girard seems fine. He isn't super quotable but he is a frosh and isn't supposed to me. I think he answers the questions he is asked well. Just don't think talking to the press is his thing (unlike say talking to the opposition).

Don't remember hearing Braswell or Sidibe talk much.

The radio guys interviewed Goodine after the Wake game. He did not do a great job but he is a frosh in the spotlight for the first time, and from what was said, it sounded like Bol Ajak was working feverishly to distract him while the radio guy was asking questions.

I am always impressed with the growth these kids show as they progress from freshman to seniors. I bet they will get a lot better as they got used to doing interviews.

We have 5 frosh, so maybe that is part of the reason this group isn't quite as eloquent as others. Overall, I think they are doing fine.

Eli is apparently quite the character in the team environment.

But he is - wisely - somewhat guarded and very generic for the most part in interviews.

Eli is apparently quite the character in the team environment.

But he is - wisely - somewhat guarded and very generic for the most part in interviews.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Would love to see these guys loosen up more and be themselves during interviews.

As long as you're not giving away strategy, have fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom