Elijah Hughes suffers strained groin; listed as day-to-day | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Elijah Hughes suffers strained groin; listed as day-to-day

I pulled a groin muscle when stretching across the baseline for a reverse layup perhaps 20 years ago. It keeps coming back and is bothering me again today. I doubt that he will play on Saturday.

You should definitely see a doctor if your still having residual issues 20 years later. I mean open heart surgery patients have symptoms resolve quicker.

You should definitely see a doctor if your still having residual issues 20 years later. I mean open heart surgery patients have symptoms resolve quicker.
I just keep hurting it again.

Yep, and by then he might be next in line to replace a still-vigorous JB.

From the 2040 Post Standard ($11,000 subscription required to see rest of article):
Hughes, aided by a cane required since suffering a cataclysmic groin injury 20 years ago today, took the helm of the Syracuse basketball program as head coach. He will rely on star freshman and son of the program’s all time leading scorer Buddy Boeheim...

Groin injuries stink and can linger. The fact that he basically couldn’t go after a few minutes doesn’t make his prognosis seem all that great for Saturday. Without a healthy Hughes, I envision we’re losing by 20+ at FSU, unfortunately.
Yeah you’re probably right. Even with Hughes Florida State is a very tough matchup for us because they’re very big and strong, extremely physical

Last edited:
to be fair, would be stupid of Mac to say "oh ya he's gonna play". When it comes to injuries, everyone always plays them close to the vest, whether they are good to go or not.

Maybe if Danny had hurt himself even worse, there wouldn't even be pre game shoot arounds. Jim drums a different beat, always has.

"Syracuse is the only school in the ACC that doesn’t hold a formal shootaround in some fashion."

I pulled a groin muscle when stretching across the baseline for a reverse layup perhaps 20 years ago. It keeps coming back and is bothering me again today. I doubt that he will play on Saturday.
That's funny cause I had a similar thing happen. I pulled my groin about 20 years ago as well - playing co-ed softball where beer drinking was required. It's never gone away completely. Oh, the joys of getting older.

Wasn’t it a groin injury that plagued GMac the last couple of years of his career here where he was playing in pain?

maybe but I know he had two bad shoulders.

Wasn’t it a groin injury that plagued GMac the last couple of years of his career here where he was playing in pain?
I think I remember he pulled it when we beat Pitt in the Big East Tourny his final year. I remember the NCAA game against Texas A&M, were he was heavily wrapped and chewed a wad of gum the size of his head because of the pain... and we lost adding insult to injury so to speak.

LOL...you are still young...I absolutely shredded my groin on the soccer field 8 years ago and retired from playing hoops and soccer after that.
Eight years later, despite rehab after the injury and doing a shiiii!t-ton of hot yoga (which is basically 75 minutes of stretching of the body), it has never been the same...Getting old sucks...

The good news is that Eli is less than half my age so he will heal more quickly and more fully...

The groin is a tough one though. Depending on how badly he strained it, it can take a long time to heal...

I think I remember he pulled it when we beat Pitt in the Big East Tourny his final year. I remember the NCAA game against Texas A&M, were he was heavily wrapped and chewed a wad of gum the size of his head because of the pain... and we lost adding insult to injury so to speak.

He pulled it against Cinci in the 1st game of the BET. The kid gutted it out for 4 days.

Balls the size of watermelons. (At least until the swelling went down).

He originally pulled his groin in the game against Rutgers where TRob hit the game winning 3 pointer. Pretty sure he sat out the entire 2nd half.

Can’t believe this happened right before our toughest 2 game stretch of the year - where we absolutely need 1 win

He originally pulled his groin in the game against Rutgers where TRob hit the game winning 3 pointer. Pretty sure he sat out the entire 2nd half.
I remember Josh Wright playing point most of the second half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom