Elijah Hughes suffers strained groin; listed as day-to-day | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Elijah Hughes suffers strained groin; listed as day-to-day

Groin injuries stink and can linger. The fact that he basically couldn’t go after a few minutes doesn’t make his prognosis seem all that great for Saturday. Without a healthy Hughes, I envision we’re losing by 20+ at FSU, unfortunately.
There's that CNY optimism again.
J/k. This sucks no matter how you look at it. But bigger upsets have happened.

According to this Syracuse.com article Gerry was quoted speaking about the 2006 tournament "I'd played hurt for at least half the season with what was, basically, a stress fracture in my groin. So after playing two straight days in grueling games that went right down to the wire, I was really hurting. I had this feeling that I couldn't even move. I was wondering, 'Am I even going to be able to play?'

So the injury actually occurred half way through the regular season- ouch

Just found this article which answers the summer spent fishing complaints - so it appears that his groin injury was a pelvic fracture and did occur even earlier.

Groin injuries stink and can linger. The fact that he basically couldn’t go after a few minutes doesn’t make his prognosis seem all that great for Saturday. Without a healthy Hughes, I envision we’re losing by 20+ at FSU, unfortunately.

Sit him for both FSU and L'ville. Low odds of winning those games with him. Get him as close to 100% the last 5 games

There's that CNY optimism again.
J/k. This sucks no matter how you look at it. But bigger upsets have happened.

I suppose. But FSU just lost on the road and is coming home to face a potentially shorthanded SU team with 63-3 record in its last 66 home games. Yup, it would be a huge upset.

Sit him for both FSU and L'ville. Low odds of winning those games with him. Get him as close to 100% the last 5 games
If we do that and he could try and play, we're likely making it so that we have to win the ACC tournament if we're going to get to the NCAA tourney.

I mean, the word is still funny.

I'm not saying having an injured groin is funny.

Groin.

Try it out. Really let it roll around.

Groin.

See? Funny.
OK, you win. It is funny. Just suggesting the obvious - it can be a painful, lingering injury.

Wright, who saw a season-high 34 minutes of action, due in part to Syracuse losing senior guard Gerry McNamara to injury in the first half.

This team can't get a break maybe someone threw in some voodo. Last year with Howard and now with Hugh's when we really needed them. You can't deny the spell

played 39 minutes today. went out briefly after a slip/split but came right back in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom