Women's Lacrosse - Emily Hawyschuk torn ACL / Out for 2021 / Coming back for 2022 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse Emily Hawyschuk torn ACL / Out for 2021 / Coming back for 2022

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1614895631761.png

Did somebody freaking do witchcraft on the best women’s lacrosse player in the country? Unbelievable. I rebuke that in the name of Jesus and hope their karma comes back around tenfold! In all seriousness, as soon as the announcers said she was out with a lower body injury, I felt the blood rush from my face and was preparing myself for this awful awful news. Just when it seems like we were unstoppable, we get knocked back down with this devastating news. I will be praying that her surgery goes well and she’s back to tearing up defenses in no time.

What is unclear about that post is if she will be back for a sixth season? I really really desperately hope so. Just because I feel like it would be sad to see her go out like this. There are records still to be broken, ACC/NCAA championships to win— and a player of her caliber deserves to be up there amongst some of the best we’ve had here at ‘Cuse.

Even though Emily is not physically able to play for the rest of the season, her leadership and coaching is still vital if we are going to get to memorial day weekend and win our first national championship. Also, because Emily is out for the season, does not mean that this team cannot make it to memorial day weekend and win a national championship. We have shown that we can compete without Emily against a talented team in Stony Brook. Not only compete, but dominate in every category. The defense in the two games we have played thus far have been lights out. Now, let’s see how well that defense performs against a UNC, ND or Northwestern. But, so far, it seems like Asa and the rest of the seniors are holding down that end of the field very well.

As for the offense, like I said after the Stony Brook game— everyones role just became that much more important. They can no longer use Emily as a crutch (no pun intended) to put a majority of the points on the board. New leaders are going to have to step up/emerge. Looks like the Meg’s and Sam have stepped into that role on offense. I have been a big fan of Sierra Cockerille since her freshman year. When that sportscaster said that he thinks Sierra is the most underrated player in the ACC, I felt that! I feel like we have just barely scratched the surface with her potential and I look forward to watching her have a breakout season.

Other than the four I previously mentioned, i’m gonna need to see a lot more production from everyone else. Would like to see Meg Tyrrell find her sister more and get her involved in the scoring. Emma Tyrrell is certainly capable as we saw in that Loyola game. Definitely would also like to see Emma Ward find the back of the net finally lol.

Let’s remain laser-focused on improving each week and crushing Duke this weekend. As always, Go ‘Cuse!
tangerine.png

A truly special player- SU has been exceedingly fortunate to have her... I hope Emily is a reader of the Stoics: "The impediment to action advances the action. What stands in the way becomes the way."

Yessss, this is music to my ears!!! Can't wait to see you back out there #51. Keep grinding and let's get this National Championship!

Out hustle, out work, out play, out think, out last!
Unknown.jpeg

This is awesome news!

Their attack is gonna be stacked next year with Hawryschuk, Tyrrell, Carney, and Ward. I wonder if one of them will be bumped to midfield to make room for #51?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom