Women's Lacrosse - Emma Tyrrell will miss the remainder of the 2022 season | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse Emma Tyrrell will miss the remainder of the 2022 season

It’s hard to believe that yet another top player is hurt and out right before the playoffs. How many years in a row is this? Even back when Michele Tumolo was on the team we had late season injuries that cost us big time.

I’m sorry to be insensitive at this moment, but this is absolutely ridiculous now. First Emma Ward, then Sierra, now Emma? Really didn’t have high hopes in beating BC/UNC this season. To me, they are their only competition this year. It’s them, and then everybody else. Emma Tyrrell missing the remainder of the season doesn’t help our chances in getting to championship weekend either. Why is it that Syracuse Women’s lacrosse has the worst possible luck ever??? Ugh! If only you guys could see the steam emitting from my ears rn…

Last edited:
I’m sorry to be insensitive at this moment, but this is absolutely ridiculous now. First Sierra, now Emma? Really didn’t have high hopes in beating BC/UNC this season. To me, they are their only competition this year. It’s them, and then everybody else. Emma Tyrrell missing the remainder of the season doesn’t help our chances in getting to championship weekend either. Why is it that Syracuse Women’s lacrosse has the worst possible luck ever??? Ugh! If only you guys could see the steam emitting from my ears rn…
Noooo!! Why are so many of them cursed with season ending injuries? I know female athletes are more prone to lower body injuries, especially ACL related. The physical nature of this sport along with the athletes using quick change of direction highly increases the chance of this happening.

Are the staff & trainers not focused on lower body injury prevention as well as strength and conditioning to lessen the chance of these injuries? If they are taking these measures then like you said, our ladies have the worst luck. I wonder if they are going too hard in practice.

Unreal. Imo she’s just as good as meaghan and the more important of the tyrrell sisters. Hope she makes a full comeback

There is something more to it. Other teams don't have as many ACL injuries. The turf? The shoes? Lack of ACL preventative training? All three? Season is over now.

There is something more to it. Other teams don't have as many ACL injuries. The turf? The shoes? Lack of ACL preventative training? All three? Season is over now.
There have been numerous articles about injuries in women’s lacrosse. Below is an article I linked about Maryland’s lacrosse team being hit by ACL injuries last year. Sadly a number of women have had multiple ACL tears. Women suffer more ACL tears than men particularly in basketball, soccer and lacrosse. Even the men and women’s basketball teams have over the years been hurt badly by ACL tears - Andy Rautins, Eric Devendorf (the same year), Chris McCollugh, and SU’s Brittney Sykes had at least 2 tears. Over 2 seasons on my own basketball team there were 4 major injuries - 3 ACL tears and one Achilles’ tendon tear. I suffered a partial ACL tear and meniscus tear playing basketball myself. Sadly it’s a hazard playing sports even in the best of well conditioned athletes. I do hope that they can find ways in either equipment including shoes, and special targeted conditioning that reduces these from occurring.

Seems to happen more with this new field turf in the Dome and elsewhere which is the opposite of what it’s designed to do. I see some players have switched to turf shoes instead of screw in cleats so when they plant they don’t bite in as much. This is a catastrophic loss for the orange her circle play on the draw controls was invaluable. They seemed to rally around these injuries last year the million dollar question is the status of Carney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom