Emmert,is he a powerless victim here? | Syracusefan.com

Emmert,is he a powerless victim here?

Desperate to save his 1.7 million/yr job, but I agree he's not surviving. This stuff also makes me think the P5 are going to end up breaking away before too long.

Why do you even exist? Oh snap.

I think he may go down in history as one of the most inept, corrupt(sabin friend) clueless victim as a commissioner/president of any league, pros/college.

He wants to grant life long scholarships. Great, a one and done comes in, lays in the NBA gambles everything away and fifteen years later the school that gave him the start is supposed to save his butt? No feeling sympathetic. If a kid leaves early, he loses the scholarship! Besides, in the SEC and several other schools, its not like most of these kids are really college students to begin with.

He wants to grant life long scholarships. Great, a one and done comes in, lays in the NBA gambles everything away and fifteen years later the school that gave him the start is supposed to save his butt? No feeling sympathetic. If a kid leaves early, he loses the scholarship! Besides, in the SEC and several other schools, its not like most of these kids are really college students to begin with.

Here's the thing about that. Most big schools already do this because schools get APR points when former scholarship players graduate. To the general public this sounds like a noble idea, but it's nothing new to the bigger programs. I'd be willing to bet that SU is paying for Mookie to finish because it also helps the hoops APR score.

Not a great sign when your path out of the building starts at the freight elevator.

do lifelong scholarships mean lifetime admission? these kids would have a hard time gettings through admissions if the were regular students.

I do agree with him that scholarship should also cover the full cost of attending college, not just basics such as room and board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom