Class of 2014 - Emmitt Holt Webster Schroeder | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Emmitt Holt Webster Schroeder

Talked to the family - UB, Niagara and Cansius of shown the most interest...they are hoping after the AAU circut and another year, he will get some of the big boys to show up

UB you say...

...well come on down!

Thought I'd give one last Emmitt update even though he never reached the height to ever be a serious SU recruit. I heard that BC has given him a look but my bet is he stay's close to ROC-Buffalo.
Having a great year as the lone returning starter on a AA (large schools) sectional finals team from 2013.
Averaging 21 pts and about 14 reb per game, while being double teamed in every game. Had 23 pts 15 reb and 5 blocks at halftime of a recent game. Great player and great kid.

Good luck Emmitt!

It will be interesting to see who gets POY in Rochester this year. Holt or Carruthers from East High are both outstanding. I would think that Carruthers has D1 talent but grades might be an issue.

It will be interesting to see who gets POY in Rochester this year. Holt or Carruthers from East High are both outstanding. I would think that Carruthers has D1 talent but grades might be an issue.
I think that Carruthers point totals will be hard to ignore in POY selection. If holt can lead Schroeder to a 3rd straight AA finals, that could tip it in his favor?

Thought I'd give one last Emmitt update even though he never reached the height to ever be a serious SU recruit. I heard that BC has given him a look but my bet is he stay's close to ROC-Buffalo.
Having a great year as the lone returning starter on a AA (large schools) sectional finals team from 2013.
Averaging 21 pts and about 14 reb per game, while being double teamed in every game. Had 23 pts 15 reb and 5 blocks at halftime of a recent game. Great player and great kid.

Good luck Emmitt!
Thanks for the update. Is UB and Canisius still involve in his recruitment?

Thanks for the update. Is UB and Canisius still involve in his recruitment?

Yes especially Canisius. NJIT was at practice on Wednesday. Kent State was on him over the Summer. Emmitt is going to be a very good college player because he will physically mature once he arrives on whatever campus he winds up at. He has a ton of skill. He just doesn't have the pure height or freakish athleticism/strength to be an SU recruit. I wouldn't rule out the prep route either because Emmitt is young for his class.

Yes especially Canisius. NJIT was at practice on Wednesday. Kent State was on him over the Summer. Emmitt is going to be a very good college player because he will physically mature once he arrives on whatever campus he winds up at. He has a ton of skill. He just doesn't have the pure height or freakish athleticism/strength to be an SU recruit. I wouldn't rule out the prep route either because Emmitt is young for his class.
Good stuff, thanks.

The kid is tearing it up. Francis are we interested or is he just to short at 6'6"?
Sec 5 Playoffs Wed 12th Webster Schroeder 59, Webster Thomas 30

Emmitt Holt collected 20 points, 14 rebounds and 6 blocks and Will Blake grabbed eight rebounds for the Warriors (14-4).

Going to prep school, Vermont Academy. Had several D1 offers and was fully qualified but wanted to see if another year would help get a higher D1 offer. Probably not a bad idea, he'll still end up with mid-major D1 offers and depending on how things go maybe better. I think to get a higher D1 offer he would need to grow a bit more, he handles the ball decently for 6'6" shoots the ball ok but isn't super quick, if he were 6'9" he'd have some bigger schools really interested as a PF but for now I'm not sure the higher D1 schools will be highly interested. Mid-Major though would be a nice opportunity, Javon McCrea took advantage of it, had a really nice career at UB and just signed a FA deal with Dallas, if that doesn't work out he will make some money overseas. McCrea by the way had a nice Portmouth Invitational (15.6 pts, 6.7 rebs, and shot better than 50%) helping to sway some scouts who thought at 6'7" he might not be big enough and not having played against a lot of top level players in the MAC.

Sorry JarHead I was out of town for the holiday but yes Vermont Academy it is for Emmitt. Spoke with him yesterday as he was working the youth camp at Webster Schroeder. Looks like he grew a tad since the last time I saw him in early June. He is very excited for this upcoming season. Has a couple of tourneys still to go this summer with the ACR including Ty Lawson's. Canisisu, Sienna, UB are just a few of the names of schools that have offered him as a 2015 recruit. There are a handful or two of other teams that we are familiar with from Cuse November/December schedule that have offered as well.

Sorry JarHead I was out of town for the holiday but yes Vermont Academy it is for Emmitt. Spoke with him yesterday as he was working the youth camp at Webster Schroeder. Looks like he grew a tad since the last time I saw him in early June. He is very excited for this upcoming season. Has a couple of tourneys still to go this summer with the ACR including Ty Lawson's. Canisisu, Sienna, UB are just a few of the names of schools that have offered him as a 2015 recruit. There are a handful or two of other teams that we are familiar with from Cuse November/December schedule that have offered as well.
I went to those camps 35 years ago! Bill O'Rourke Jr was an ammassing coach!!

The Albany City Rocks are playing in the AAU Nationals down in Louisville. They have made it to the Final Four. My guide doesn't have it listed however....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom