Encouraging notes from the P-S | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Encouraging notes from the P-S

At least it's countered by the ladies looking up and smiling and being happy they can wear heels without towering over you. I get that at my height so I'm sure you're good with that too.

Hey but if you tell me how tall these players are I'll take your word for it!
Women like to wear heels, so it's a plus.

I've stood next to KJo and he's a legit 6'6

I just don't know how people at a glance or even a passing can tell the difference between 1 to 2 inches.

it's a guy thing.

5'5...i look up to everyone..including old ladies..its humbling

I just don't know how people at a glance or even a passing can tell the difference between 1 to 2 inches.
it's a guy thing..

But the real question is can women notice 1-2 inches? Hey-oooooooooo

In order for this season to be a success Melo, Keita, or Rak must develop a post game. If not we cannot win games bombing jumpers from outside. I really, really think losing RJ to graduation is going to be a huge downside for this years team.

KJO, Southerland and Fair could also surprise though and show a demand the ball high post game. Its to early to tell.

I actually think the ideal scenario is KJ developing a low-post game of some sort and Fair taking a big step forward in that mid-range-ish area. KJ won't turn into Melo (NBA guy, although he hopefully won't turn into fab either) low post game, but just something to give us a different look from time to time and some presence in the paint. I agree on the loss of RJ -- I don't think there's a chance Rak has a low post game. If I had to bet, Baye will be largely a catch-and-finish guy this year (like Etan as a soph.;which is fine, but not exactly a dangerous threat). Melo's the wild card but I'm firmly in the "I'll wait and see" camp on him. That off-the-court incident is a big red flag along with being completely unprepared last year and not exactly giving off a vibe that inspired much confidence for me.

A couple things to watch for from the current men's team:

A lot of players have shed weight. We mentioned the slimmer frames of Scoop Jardine and Brandon Triche over the summer. But Fab Melo and Dion Waiters are slimmer too. Both players said they lost weight during the offseason to become quicker, better versions of their freshmen selves.
Waiters looks great. He said he's lost about 10-12 pounds. SU assistant coach Mike Hopkins confirmed that Waiters exhibited a more disciplined work ethic during the offseason.

A couple other early observations: Baye Moussa Keita's hand/wrist has completely healed from post-season surgery; SU assistant Bernie Fine said Keita has also worked on improving his strength. And Michael Carter-Williams is taller and lankier than you might expect. Carter-Williams, a point guard, is listed at 6-5. He's all of that. And the early reports from SU veterans is that he's a player with vast potential.
where is this info?

i ran into dion this summer. you could tell he had lost weight. didnt lose muscle tone or mass but his midsection and backside(no jokes) were thinner.
Leave it to Bees to have a mental Rolodex of Dion's relative changing ass meat. You sir are a National treasure.

can you dunk?
I would hope he could dunk. I am 6'0" and I could dunk until I was 30. I am 40 now, and I have no springs left.

The only dunk I've ever been able to do was with a donut in my coffee.:D

A couple things to watch for from the current men's team:

A lot of players have shed weight. We mentioned the slimmer frames of Scoop Jardine and Brandon Triche over the summer. But Fab Melo and Dion Waiters are slimmer too. Both players said they lost weight during the offseason to become quicker, better versions of their freshmen selves.
Waiters looks great. He said he's lost about 10-12 pounds. SU assistant coach Mike Hopkins confirmed that Waiters exhibited a more disciplined work ethic during the offseason.

A couple other early observations: Baye Moussa Keita's hand/wrist has completely healed from post-season surgery; SU assistant Bernie Fine said Keita has also worked on improving his strength. And Michael Carter-Williams is taller and lankier than you might expect. Carter-Williams, a point guard, is listed at 6-5. He's all of that. And the early reports from SU veterans is that he's a player with vast potential.
I hope everything that Scoop, Brandon, Fab and Dion lost, BMK found!

I'm happy to report that according to a friend who interns at the AD, who was standing near MCW for most of media day, I was off on my passing judgments of his height. He says he's just about 6'5".

I'm happy to report that according to a friend who interns at the AD, who was standing near MCW for most of media day, I was off on my passing judgments of his height. He says he's just about 6'5".
Phew...thank heavens for that ... and so ends the MCW debate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom