End the charade and kill the Big 12 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

End the charade and kill the Big 12

If we are going to mega conferences that break away, I'd think the magic number would be 18. Two virtually independent divisions of 9 under each.

The End game will be this conference of 16:

1- ND
2- Florida St.
3- Clemson
4- Miami
5- Syracuse
6- Pitt
7- Virgina
8- Duke
9- WVU
10- Baylor
11- Iowa State
12- Kansas State
13- UNC
14- Wake Forest
15- TCU
16- BC

Pod 1

ND, SU, BC, PITT

Pod 2

FSU, Clemson, Miami, WVU

Pod 3

Virgina, Duke, UNC, Wake Forest

Pod 4

Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas St, TCU

That is with the following leaving...

To the Pac12 - Texas, OU, Texas Tech, Okie St.
To the SEC - NC State and VaTech
To the B10 - Kansas and Georgia Tech

NC State would be beaten like the red-headed step-child if they were in the SEC. I almost want to see them be in the conference to watch those beatdowns. Add in VT and it's all gravy.

Create 4 16 team conferences Split them all into 8 team East-West or North-South divisions. Then declare the divisions to be conferences and have the 8 winners play for the national championship. Done. :D

Create 4 16 team conferences Split them all into 8 team East-West or North-South divisions. Then declare the divisions to be conferences and have the 8 winners play for the national championship. Done. :D
4x18 works as well.

4x18 works as well.

I cannot see 4x18 ever happening. For the P12 to get to 18, the B12 has to die. For the B1G and SEC to get to 18, the ACC has to die. Whatever is left over could create an 18 team conference but it wouldn't be at the big boy table. So it really would be 3x18.

P12 Texas, Texas Tech, OU, Okie St, KU, and K St.
B1G ND, UVA, UNC, GA Tech
SEC FSU, VT, NC St, WV

ACC BC, SU, UConn, Pitt, Louisville, Cincy, Duke, Wake, Clemson, Miami
I don't see any reason for them to go beyond 10 at that point. Still a good BBall conference. Even if the core of the ACC stayed together, that just means the B1G takes BC, SU, and Pitt instead. While the SEC takes Louisville and Clemson.

B12 ISU, TCU, Baylor would merge with CUSA or BE

C'mon man - far too sensible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom