Energy | Syracusefan.com

Energy

Brooky03

Hubris is underrated
We all saw flashes of old Cuse teams in the first half. The defense was energized, the offense wasn’t great but was working.

Lost that energy in the 2nd half. I won’t say we weren’t hungry, but we weren’t playing like a team with any kind of killer instinct.

Joe was really bad tonight, Jesse’s effort left a lot to be desired for an otherwise solid stat line. Mintz did what he could, but ultimately looked like a Freshman when he was gameplanned for. He’ll figure out how to get the team going when teams pack the lane sooner than later. It’s hard to fault the Forwards because they hustled on the boards and hit some big shots; they still have a decent amount of improving to do all around, though. I don’t think this St. John’s team is anything special.

Hima was a pleasant surprise. I would have liked to see Brown against this style of team.

Symir was steady. I don’t think he was really impacting the game much on either end but he was at least not negatively impacting the game, which was better than what Girard was doing. Shooters can have off nights and a dozen shots when you’re cold is still fine, but he did some really stupid stuff tonight and looked like crap in a lot of ways unrelated to skill.

It’s clear the team is missing a floor general. The guys have no rock to turn to. Joe is too spastic and Jesse doesn’t seem like he talks, let alone lead. How quickly can Mintz add that to his game?

We all saw flashes of old Cuse teams in the first half. The defense was energized, the offense wasn’t great but was working.

Lost that energy in the 2nd half. I won’t say we weren’t hungry, but we weren’t playing like a team with any kind of killer instinct.

Joe was really bad tonight, Jesse’s effort left a lot to be desired for an otherwise solid stat line. Mintz did what he could, but ultimately looked like a Freshman when he was gameplanned for. He’ll figure out how to get the team going when teams pack the lane sooner than later. It’s hard to fault the Forwards because they hustled on the boards and hit some big shots; they still have a decent amount of improving to do all around, though. I don’t think this St. John’s team is anything special.

Hima was a pleasant surprise. I would have liked to see Brown against this style of team.

Symir was steady. I don’t think he was really impacting the game much on either end but he was at least not negatively impacting the game, which was better than what Girard was doing. Shooters can have off nights and a dozen shots when you’re cold is still fine, but he did some really stupid stuff tonight and looked like crap in a lot of ways unrelated to skill.
The Johnnies are good and gonna be a problem in the Big East.

To play teams that just throw it up and go get it you have to learn. joe shooting a bad night and not an awful one and its a 5-7 pt win.

Another step forward as a team just not a win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom