English Fans- Our first tailgate | Syracusefan.com

English Fans- Our first tailgate

englishfan

Walk On
Hey All,

My friend and I are driving to our first game on saturday. We’re from England and aren’t too familiar with tailgating, so wondered how it goes.

what time does it usually start?

Is it something we can just show up to in the parking lot and stumble into, or do we need to find something specific?

Will we be welcome?;)

Do you pay at lots or just show up with beers & food and start talking to people?

Is tailgating just pre-game or do people get back to it after the game?

Really excited for my first college game. Hopefully I can start doing an annual trip.

Hey All,

My friend and I are driving to our first game on saturday. We’re from England and aren’t too familiar with tailgating, so wondered how it goes.

Is it something we can just show up to in the parking lot and stumble into, or do we need to find something specific?

Will we be welcome?;)

Do you pay at lots or just show up with beers & food and start talking to people?

Really excited for my first college game. Hopefully I can start doing an annual trip.
I’m sure the boys at the fine mess tailgate will welcome you with open arms. TexanMark or JeremyCuse csn probably better guide you with that.

Hey All,

Will we be welcome?;)

We have a large tailgate that outsiders are welcome to come to.

It costs $20 per person. That covers all the food you can eat and drinks too. Adult beverages, water and soda.

I think we have around 200 people signed up right now. You will be welcomed here and have lots of people to talk to. And get a good feel for what tailgating at a US football game is all about.

If you want in, I would RSVP for the two of you ASAP here. This link has the menu and a lot more info too.

Hey All,

Will we be welcome?;)

We have a large tailgate that outsiders are welcome to come to.

It costs $20 per person. That covers all the food you can eat and drinks too. Adult beverages, water and soda.

I think we have around 200 people signed up right now. You will be welcomed here and have lots of people to talk to. And get a good feel for what tailgating at a US football game is all about.

If you want in, I would RSVP for the two of you ASAP here. This link has the menu and a lot more info too.

To go with this, we will be up and running NO later than 9am

Tailgate will begin to wrap up around 11am or so.

If we win, we certainly will be having victory beers in the parking lot after.

Unfortunately for our lot, you must have a parking pass and they are sold out. However, you can park at a pay lot and walk over

If you go, recommend you park at the parking lot at Dr King Elementary School on Castle (aka MLK East).

It might be free. You might have to pay $10.

Then it is a couple of blocks to walk to the Fine Lot. Head up the hill on MLK towards the Dome (you will see it).

You have to get under I81, follow Renwick and do the tight loop on Fineview. See photo 1.

The Fine Lot is the promised land and the good news is that the walk back after the game is all downhill.

The tailgate is in the area where the rectangle one (photo 2). It is the biggest one on campus and you will know it when you see it.

Hope to see you at the tailgate. Good luck.

Dr King Lot.png

Fine Lot.png

If you go, recommend you park at the parking lot at Dr King Elementary School on Castle (aka MLK East).

It might be free. You might have to pay $10.

Then it is a couple of blocks to walk to the Fine Lot. Head up the hill on MLK towards the Dome (you will see it).

You have to get under I81, follow Renwick and do the tight loop on Fineview. See photo 1.

The Fine Lot is the promised land and the good news is that the walk back after the game is all downhill.

The tailgate is in the area where the rectangle one (photo 2). It is the biggest one on campus and you will know it when you see it.

Hope to see you at the tailgate. Good luck.

View attachment 231612

View attachment 231611
Thank you so much! This sounds awesome, I will check in with my buddy to see what time we think we could arrive by.

We will probably uber over (if they’re attainable on game day)

Hope to see you there!

Thank you so much! This sounds awesome, I will check in with my buddy to see what time we think we could arrive by.

Hope to see you there!
Ubers should be fine to our tailgate. Good approach.

You guys are the standard and Mt Rushmore of tailgating. But I always have to chuckle at the 9:00am. Sunrise or bust. That happens to be 6:54 this weekend. Can’t wait.

If I wasn’t making a trip up from Binghamton and drop my little man off at his aunts I would be there at 6!

The core group will be there by 8am but takes a little bit of time to get it all set up

My first beer will be cracked well before 9 lol

If I wasn’t making a trip up from Binghamton and drop my little man off at his aunts I would be there at 6!

The core group will be there by 8am but takes a little bit of time to get it all set up

Lol most of the group will be there by 730, we should be up and running by a little after 8 if things go smooth.

Hope to see you there!
I’d recommend having both the Uber and Lyft apps and check them both. I’ve had a lot more luck on Lyft lately on game days and it’s saved me a decent amount of money on rides to and from games. Uber hammers the surge pricing before and after games.

Hope to see you there!
But you must rsvp today before we lock it out. Getting very close to capacity

HAHA, 690 just triggered the 'And I took that personally' Jordan GIF from the crew.

I know it was well meaning, but you knew what they were gonna come back with!

You guys are the standard and Mt Rushmore of tailgating. But I always have to chuckle at the 9:00am. Sunrise or bust. That happens to be 6:54 this weekend. Can’t wait.

Ya we are usually there long before 9, we were up and running by I think 830 last Sat. With al large tailgate there are a lot of moving parts and were bringing in so much food its difficult to get their much earlier then 4-5 hours before and ensure the food can be kept at temp and safe. Our spot saver was there bright and early last Sat and is shooting for a new record this Sat.

Sorry to say that there will be no spotted dick at this week’s tailgate. We usually reserve that for certain teams.
However, if SU wins, there may well be d***s spotted at the after party.

Last edited:

I’ll be back at Cuervo central now that I’ve discovered it’s location!

Sorry to say that there will be no spotted dick at this week’s tailgate. We usually reserve that for certain teams.
I don't think rabbit or kidney will be on the buffet either. But the beer is cold and it's a friendly group! Welcome and hope you join us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom