English Fans- Tailgating explained | Syracusefan.com

English Fans- Tailgating explained

englishfan

Walk On
Hey All,

My friend and I are driving to our first game on saturday. We’re from England and aren’t too familiar with tailgating so wondered how it goes.

what time does it usually start?

Is it something we can just show up to in the parking lot and stumble into, or do we need to find something specific?

Will we be welcome?;)

Do you pay at lots or just show up with beers & food and start talking to people?

Is tailgating just pre-game or do people get back to it after the game?

Really excited for my first college game. Hopefully I can start doing an annual trip.

Hey All,

My friend and I are driving to our first game on saturday. We’re from England and aren’t too familiar with tailgating so wondered how it goes.

what time does it usually start?

Is it something we can just show up to in the parking lot and stumble into, or do we need to find something specific?

Will we be welcome?;)

Do you pay at lots or just show up with beers & food and start talking to people?

Is tailgating just pre-game or do people get back to it after the game?

Really excited for my first college game. Hopefully I can start doing an annual trip.
You can do it yourself or walk around and introduce yourselves

I suggest the Quad for first timers. It is main grassy area at the center of campus. Get a diagram of the center of campus. Go to Hendricks Chapel. Can't miss it. That area will start to come to life around 9:30am.

The parking lots just west of Dome have lots of tailgating. Just walk through the lots and say hi. Hopefully someone will be gracious and invite you in.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom