Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thoughts:
  1. Losing Engstler hurts
  2. Losing Djaldi-Tabdi as a 4/5 and possible starter is huge, not flashy just solid, smart and productive
  3. Huijbens was surprising for some reason as her size was intriguing
  4. Fisher seems quick and hope she stays
  5. Cardoso can be so much better if slows down just a millisecond and wouldn’t try to catch turn and shoot all in one motion, missed way too many layups. But also the entry passes pinned her under the backboard too many times.
  6. Cardoso, use your size to carve out some space to go up at a good angle and when your ready. And jump, no more tippy toe raises with your arms straight up, especially on rebounds.
  7. Expect a much improved active assertive Priscilla Williams next year.
  8. Overall, this shake up could be good. Roster needed much more athleticism top to bottom and a couple of brawlers.

Makes sense that opposing coaches grab the experienced SU players, they have seen them up close and as a player you have some familiarity with coach, arena. Looks like I will be watching alot of ACC basketball as I wish them luck at their new schools. SU will be very young so not expecting much from them...Louisville has a star in Emily, NC State has added more talent, Diamond Johnson, Coach Q has got some work to do as he will be looking up from middle to lower half of the league

Good for Maeva, wish her the best!! Its kind of like Join the Navy, See the World. Another year of free room and board with a chance to experience a different region and university...where do I sign. Its great these young people get the exposure to so much travel and life experiences. As a kid who grew up in a sleepy upstate NY farm town, I'm jealous.

The issue is weather!!!

They all transferred to warmer schools (Clemson, Miami, Louisville, OD) LOL!!!

Last edited:
We'll never find out the truth but I tend to believe that the in conference coaches are familiar with how they play instead of rolling the dice on someone they haven't seen other than watching them on film. I wish them all the best except when they play us

Okay now they are definitely doing this on purpose lmao!!! If I had any doubt they strongly dislike Q before, this all but confirmed it lol. Let’s see where Kiara Fisher is headed next. Pitt? Florida state? Haha
Kudos to Amaya for getting a free grad degree from Duke! That is making the most of your free year. Well done.

Ramblin wreck must have a good masonry program. :cool:

I hadn't thought of phrasing it quite like that, but yeah... she wasn't my favorite player to watch. But good luck to her in Atlanta.

Brent Axe has an interview with Q today on Syracuse.com where he vaguely talks about why all of the players have entered the portal. It goes back to what I said earlier, these schools already knew what they were getting with these players so it shouldn't be a surprise they stayed in the league.

Subscriber only, here are the highlights:

“That’s the one thing I would want people to be careful of, not jumping to conclusions,” Hillsman said. “Because I’m not jumping out here every day when someone went into the portal, jumping out here and making a statement. Because y’all know that ain’t even me anyway. So for anyone to jump to that point where he’s not saying anything, I never do. I never do for a specific reason. Because this world is about choices. At the end of the day, we have very good players. We’re going to have very good players on our roster. We’ve underperformed in some years, but we’ve never not been successful. We’re going to continue to be that way.”

Most would see the high volume of former players on next year’s schedule as a concern.

Coach Q views it differently.

“I have no issues with that,” Hillsman said regarding his players being able to transfer to conference opponents. “Those are the rules. They can choose to go where they want to go. I think a lot of it is schools who’ve recruited you from the beginning so they’re familiar with some of these schools as well, just like some of the players that we’re bringing in, probably 90 percent of them, we’re familiar with them from the previous recruiting process. I view it as a compliment.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom