Enjoy Tyler Lydon while we can | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Enjoy Tyler Lydon while we can

No, no, no. Not players that get good financial advice. (or in the case of CMac where he had a family to support). The $$ is much, much, much more as a lottery pick than as a late first rounder (since you made the comment "or close"). One more year for him would make a huge difference in where he goes in draft--would be stupid to leave now, and I would be shocked if he did.

Its not that outrageous of a difference. I guess its all in the eye of the beholder.

You also have to keep in mind that going early gets that player to the end of the 1st small and controlled contract sooner and for all intents and purposes gets an extra year of pay on the backend of the career.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbe...ba-draft-1st-round-rookie-salary-projections/

Well the guy he reminds me of the most, Chandler Parsons, was a for year player...so there's that.
Parsons as a freshman was nowhere near what Tyler is right now

Capt. Tuttle said:
Neither did Dion, or MCW.

MCW fully knew he was coming off the bench freshman year. Don't know if Dion did but I'm sure he never got a wink wink plus he sealed the sub role himself.

MCW filly knew he was coming off the bench freshman year. Don't know if Dion did but I'm sure he never got a wink wink plus he sealed the sub role himself.
well, if Lydon stays Moyer will simply have to come of the bench. cuz neither Lydon or Roberson is gonna come off the bench

MCW fully knew he was coming off the bench freshman year. Don't know if Dion did but I'm sure he never got a wink wink plus he sealed the sub role himself.
I think Mali will play some 2 next year alongside Battle

He went to New Hampton prep an college basketball prep school of late. Noah Vonleh, our own Lawrence Moten...and ME. While traditionally a big hockey school New Hampton has been bringing in elite basketball players for a number of years now. Many of the other big players have prepped in New England prep school and the level of competition is high for them. Not at all surprised by Tyler.

The question was not about who he was playing WITH. The opponents in his mix tapes weren't as impressive as YOU, Vonleh, or Moten.

pearl31 said:
well, if Lydon stays Moyer will simply have to come of the bench. cuz neither Lydon or Roberson is gonna come off the bench

Unless Lydon starts at the 5. Like I said, he'll start but something will give.

So pretty much Moyer was promised a starting spot during the height of the sanctions to prevent him from decommiting? Thats what Im reading between the lines from bees

So pretty much Moyer was promised a starting spot during the height of the sanctions to prevent him from decommiting? Thats what Im reading between the lines from bees

he was promised a starting spot? huh?

I kind of think Lydon is gone.

PauliePeppas said:

I don't think I used the words sanctions or decommit?

I doubt anyone is given an iron clad promise to play. JB seems to consistently only play the best players no matter what the situtation.

Well he isnt starting if everyone returns...anyway, were stacked next year lets leave it at that

Parsons as a freshman was nowhere near what Tyler is right now

He averaged 8 and 4 over a whole season. Not sure I would call that "nowhere near ". And we haven't even starred ACC pay.

Still, Lydons REAL good. I hope he sticks around.

PauliePeppas said:
Well he isnt starting if everyone returns...anyway, were stacked next year lets leave it at that

He might be our best player next year. And if not he's real close.

@AdamZagoria: Several NBA teams have already reached out Tyler Lydon's high school coach, he tells @SNYtv. 6-8 freshman shooter from Syracuse played well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom