Ennis’ High School Coach Says He’s Ready for NBA Now | Syracusefan.com

Ennis’ High School Coach Says He’s Ready for NBA Now

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
St. Benedict’s Prep coach Mark Taylor always knew Tyler Ennis would thrive at Syracuse.

But after seeing his former point guard take the country by storm as a freshman, Taylor now wonders how long Ennis will stay with the second-ranked Orange before making a leap to the NBA.

“We always talked about it, and we always said two years. We thought he’d stay for two, but it’s too big a contract; he’s a lottery pick,” he told SNY.tv. “I would tell him to go, but that’s his choice.”

http://zagsblog.com/articles/freshmen-focus-ennis-high-school-coach-says-hes-ready-for-nba-now/

the rat. If he was a lottery pick, he would have to go. But I don't think he is a lottery choice.

He's right... if guaranteed a lottery spot, you take it. As selfish as we all want to be to keep him here, it's in his best interests to get paid guaranteed money when he can.

We are PG U.

dasher said:
the rat. If he was a lottery pick, he would have to go. But I don't think he is a lottery choice.

Agreed. I don't see him out this year.

He continues this play and he is a lottery guy. Name one NBA team that would not take a steady Ennis type at the point. not one

TerryM said:
He continues this play and he is a lottery guy. Name one NBA team that would not take a steady Ennis type at the point. not one

There's a few. Clips and cavs are two. Not to take away from Ennis but just saying he could be a lottery dismisses the analysis of all te other guys that are in there. 2014 is one of the strongest draft classes in recent memory. 2013 was one of the weakest and our all world pg that year went 11...

TerryM said:

The 76ers wouldn't take him right now, and there are a bunch of other teams that already have great point guards. Mix that in with Smart, Exum, and Lavine locks for the lottery along with Embiim, Wiggins, Parker, Randle at other positions, there's no room this year for Ennis in the lottery. It's not a knock on his talent but he's just not a lottery selection this year.

He's an excellent player, but for him to be a lottery point guard he's going to have to show something on the fast break which has been non existent and finishing at the basket which he's been very poor at.

I'm willing to bet a lot that he isn't a lottery selection this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom