Ennis and Cooney are 1 and 2 in total steals in the ACC | Syracusefan.com

Ennis and Cooney are 1 and 2 in total steals in the ACC

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
averaging 2 per game each. I would love to see where we rank in transition PPG (hint: nowhere near the top).

BOTH of our guards need to man up and starting pushing the ball for easy bucket opportunities. Both can shoot free throws, both can make layups, and last I checked, both can dribble. Get to the hoop!

Totally agree. It is quite amazing the lack of fast break points based on ennis and cooney's spg.

It looks like we tried to push it early against UVA but then Jerami got hurt again, Ennis got in foul trouble and we started falling apart before we could try to build a faster tempo.

Yes we were trying in the UVA game. And we had success doing it. Pushing it more will keep the defense more on its heels, speed the game up, and get us into a lot better rhythm, all of which we need desperately.

GoHamSU said:
averaging 2 per game each. I would love to see where we rank in transition PPG (hint: nowhere near the top). BOTH of our guards need to man up and starting pushing the ball for easy bucket opportunities. Both can shoot free throws, both can make layups, and last I checked, both can dribble. Get to the hoop!

Man up and start pushing the ball up court for easy buckets?

If it was that easy we'd do it. Maybe JB doesn't want this group running as much as past teams? I don't think it has anything to do with the abilities of the guards.

It's Ennis. Not that Trevor is inclined to really push it hard to the basket but Tyler is an anti fast break. I don't mean that in disrespect. That is one of the reasons he plays so well under control. However, I've noticed so many times particularly when G is out there. G would love to go a 100 miles an hour and attempt to finish it while Ennis takes it down in a much more methodical manner. That is what he is and that isn't going to change. He has his periodic fast breaks when he pushes it; however, he won't push it unless it is definitely there or definitely needed. As a whole, I think the rest of our team would love to run and gun off turnovers but that just isn't what Ennis is all about.

Last edited:
Totally, right.
Get Scoop and Brandon to show em' how it is done.
Ennis rocks but he might be a bit too conservative with the ball.

Man up and start pushing the ball up court for easy buckets?

If it was that easy we'd do it. Maybe JB doesn't want this group running as much as past teams? I don't think it has anything to do with the abilities of the guards.

Avoid an easy layup or foul opportunity to settle for a lower % half court opportunity? Can't say I've heard that one. I think you're grasping straws.

They lead the league in steals. 1 and 2. There is really no logical reason, imo, why we shouldn't have a few more easy ones.

Just my opinion.

I don't know if they get steals in different ways than last years backcourt or if they don't leak out but getting some transition points would help our offense if we could find ways to do it. I'm gonna bang on the Roberson drum some more. He runs the floor and, in limited time, has shown he has the ability to finish. He even had a nice move in the post that led to points or free throws (I can't remember which) against UVA. Get the guy with fresh legs some run.

Avoid an easy layup or foul opportunity to settle for a lower % half court opportunity? Can't say I've heard that one. I think you're grasping straws.

They lead the league in steals. 1 and 2. There is really no logical reason, imo, why we shouldn't have a few more easy ones.

Just my opinion.

Not sure what straw you are grasping either. I didn't say anything about not taking easy baskets. The 4 possessions a game we get on steals, we do often run. I remember numerous layups and dunks off steals. Cooney had 3-4 dunks in one game. I took your comment to be more general meaning we should be a running team. We've chosen not to be. We get a defensive rebound, Ennis comes back to the ball. We don't have the bigs turn and pass it up court on a break. So yea, I guess I'm saying give up an easy basket for a tougher one.