Ennis has 2 TO's in 85 minutes over 3 games | Syracusefan.com

Ennis has 2 TO's in 85 minutes over 3 games

OttosBestFriend

2nd String
Against McGill - 0 TO in 24 mins w/3 Ast
Against Bishop - 1 TO in 17 mins w/4 Ast
Against Carleton - 1 TO in 44 mins w/4 Ast

Those 2 TO's in 85 mins is kinda incredible - regardless of the competition.

And that 5.5 to 1 Assist to TO ratio ain't nothing to sneeze at.

Not sure if Scoop and MCW ever had 3 straight games with such low TO numbers.

Would like assist numbers a little higher, but who knows if guys are hitting their shots when he's passing to them?

I am also not sure of Scoop or MCW ever had three consecutive games with a high of 4 assists. It is tough to rate a point guard on his first 11 assists against 2 cupcakes and one pretty good team. Scoop and/or MCW would average 11 assists against this competition, not have 11 total.

I am also not sure of Scoop or MCW ever had three consecutive games with a high of 4 assists. It is tough to rate a point guard on his first 11 assists against 2 cupcakes and one pretty good team. Scoop and/or MCW would average 11 assists against this competition, not have 11 total.

Well when your team can't make shots it's hard to get assists.

His turnovers are low because he plays under such control. But his assists are low because he looks to score 90% of the time when he penetrates and he's not getting the easy assists because we aren't draining 3's nor making bunnies with the bigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Against McGill - 0 TO in 24 mins w/3 Ast
Against Bishop - 1 TO in 17 mins w/4 Ast
Against Carleton - 1 TO in 44 mins w/4 Ast

Those 2 TO's in 85 mins is kinda incredible - regardless of the competition.

And that 5.5 to 1 Assist to TO ratio ain't nothing to sneeze at.

Would like assist numbers a little higher, but who knows if guys are hitting their shots when he's passing to them?

It's ridiculous. The kid has ice in his veins. And he did this with 6 practices ... pretty impressive. His conditioning will improve in time, as will the floater that he wasn't hitting last night. But he was distributing, getting to the rim and holding onto the ball.

If we had an outside shooter, he would have had 8-10 assists.

A lot of assists occur in transition. Not much on this trip.

Earlier in the year I posted that I was hoping Ennis would turn out to be the second coming of Shane Larkin as a mature, zero-defects PG who could make other players better and take over a game if and when he needed to. I also hoped DC2 would turn out to be the second coming of Wes Unseld, ripping down rebounds and shooting outlet passes to fuel the fast break. Well, looks like I'm getting wish-granted for one, and egg-on-the-face for the other. Now if Cooney Expectations could turn into Cooney Reality, we should still be in great shape. TBD-VBOF

This whole "He doesn't have a shooter and his big men aren't finishing" is the same excuse that people that liked MCW used last year as their reasoning to why he was only getting 6-8 assists per game instead of over 10.

This whole "He doesn't have a shooter and his big men aren't finishing" is the same excuse that people that liked MCW used last year as their reasoning to why he was only getting 6-8 assists per game instead of over 10.

Oh, then what's the reasoning for MCW's 3.4 turnovers a game average - with 5 games w/5 TOs, 6 games w/6 TOs and a home game vs. Louisville with, gasp, 8 TOs?

Because Ennis' control and .67 turnover average in 28.33 mins per game was the main point of this thread...

Not his low assists numbers in running team that hasn't gelled offensively yet.

Oh, then what's the reasoning for MCW's 3.4 turnovers a game average - with 5 games w/5 TOs, 6 games w/6 TOs and a home game vs. Louisville with, gasp, 8 TOs?

Because Ennis' control and .67 turnover average in 28.33 mins per game was the main point of this thread...

Not his low assists numbers in running team that hasn't gelled offensively yet.

Lol relax dude. I'm rooting for Ennis too.

I'm guessing that if Fair was healthy and playing, his assist numbers would look a little better. Anybody disagree?

And part of playing smart and under control PG is not making stupid forced passes (turnovers). Something that MCW never figured out and it took Scoop a couple of years to get the hang of.

It would be nice to not compare Ennis to MCW all the time... it's getting ridiculous already. MCW was a great passer who also took risks, hence his higher assist and higher turnover ratio. Ennis plays an under control, less risky style of PG, hence less assists and less turnovers. They are two different type of players... both do their own thing. Roll with it.

Kids been great but a question for you. Why do you feel the need to degregate other great point guards from here to make a pont about a bright new prospect? I never understood or liked that.

I'm not sure that (OBF's post) was a denigration of MCW or Scoop...it was just pointing out a possible fact. Same with my post.

I liked MCW and Scoop, and if you research all of my posts you won't find any cheap shots. Mentioning a potential positive with a current team member is not necessarily a dig at a past player.

MCW was a great asset to our BB program, as was Scoop. Let's hope TE can be as good or better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom