Ennis has been incredible. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis has been incredible.

I don't know. MCW missed some bunnies but IMO is a better finisher than Ennis due to his sheer length and athleticism. Not saying Tyler is a bad finisher at all. That being said, I am never nervous about the ball in Ennis' hands. It's remarkable. A freshman PG here is the most steady and sound that I have ever seen here. I was too young to truly and vividly remember Pearl and Sherm since I'm in my early 30s. But, even compared to LSims or Scoop he seems way more comfortable. Sims had that high dribble and he and Scoop would get stripped or struggle vs good M2M D. He's awesome.

I'll bet everyone here a buck that we will never see a performance like MCW's vs Temple or Michigan out of Ennis. His game is ultra steady and not built on ESPN highlights. Don't get me wrong, MCW was great for us, but he also disappeared more than 2 times (it only cost us games twice).

I'll bet everyone here a buck that we will never see a performance like MCW's vs Temple or Michigan out of Ennis. His game is ultra steady and not built on ESPN highlights. Don't get me wrong, MCW was great for us, but he also disappeared more than 2 times (it only cost us games twice).

Not for nothing, but the Villanova OT loss could be included in that. Good point, though: Ennis's lows shouldn't be too low.

I hate to say it but I'm glad MCW left - Ennis is already a better college PG after 7 games and it isnt close

I don't know if I would go that far. At this point in the season, compared to last year, I would say Ennis is better.

He shoots it very well and is also super quick. You guys are delusional if you think the NBA isn't salivating over him right now.

Grant and Ennis may get drafted, but are they good enough to actually get playing time and have a long NBA career? College BB is about developing skills to be successful at the next level. Ennis needs to be a little stronger and a little faster. Grant needs a consistent 3-point shot. They may get drafted but they may end up playing in China!

Grant and Ennis may get drafted, but are they good enough to actually get playing time and have a long NBA career? College BB is about developing skills to be successful at the next level. Ennis needs to be a little stronger and a little faster. Grant needs a consistent 3-point shot. They may get drafted but they may end up playing in China!

lol...I think Jerami needs to develop a 15 footer first and learn to play a bit more consistently. That said, it would not surprise me if he's drafted after this season. I think, personally, it would be a mistake for him to go until he works on his deficiencies.

Not for nothing, but the Villanova OT loss could be included in that. Good point, though: Ennis's lows shouldn't be too low.

Good call! Last couple of minutes of that game was an absolute debacle.

I don't know if I would go that far. At this point in the season, compared to last year, I would say Ennis is better.

Well the teams Ennis has beat have been better, but MCW was averaging like 10-11 assists/game at this point last year.

Well the teams Ennis has beat have been better, but MCW was averaging like 10-11 assists/game at this point last year.

That's a good point. But I remember there were a lot of times when MCW was on offense when I would cringe. Ennis makes a few mistakes but they don't make me cringe.

Ennis has been absolutely amazing over the last 4 games. He's just so solid and smooth.

I have to admit I was really, really worried after his horrible game against St. Francis. I was honestly thinking he'd have a FR Jason Hart type of season, but he's been phenomenal since then.

Regarding Grant - IMO that kid is the best pro prospect on this team, by a pretty good margin. Reminds me a lot of Rudy Gay when he was at UConn. I expect next year's starting forwards to be Roberson and McCoullogh.

Last edited:
He shoots it very well and is also super quick. You guys are delusional if you think the NBA isn't salivating over him right now.

I don't disagree with you on that point, that the NBA is indeed salivating over him right now. But in my original response to you, the key words were "at this stage" he is not ready to be a star. I was trying to say that, IMO, it would be in Ennis's best interests to play at least two years here, rather that run the risk of emulating Donte Green, who languished on the bench on marginal teams in the NBA, and really never broke through to achieve his potential. Granted, he still made a shipload of money by my standards, but by not developing his skills and his maturity here at SU, he likely missed out on a better NBA career, and hence, a much larger shipload of money.

To clarify, I think Ennis has a lucrative NBA career waiting for him, but would be wise to greatly increase his chances of that by staying here at least two years. And on top of all that, this year's draft is supposed to be a monster - all the more reason to stay here at least one more year after this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom